What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Downloading files on the iPad

Deenybird

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What are our options right now for downloading music, video, and other files thru safari browser? I'm not interested in iTunes, or app store apps.

So who's tried dtunes, mewseek?

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You cannot download direct to ipad only to the pc or mac then have iTunes sync your music videos etc
You will need to convert the movies to ipad format

USBill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can download directly to the iPad, using the itunes or the AppStore apps ON the iPad. You can use GoodReader to dowloed PDFs and other files including video and text but you have to use GoodReader to view them as well.

Visit their website for more info, if you don't have iTunes installed.

Or you could jailbreak, but then why bother getting an iPad? Might as well get a joojoo...

Last edited:

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
USBill said:
You can download directly to the iPad, using the itunes or the AppStore apps ON the iPad. You can use GoodReader to dowloed PDFs and other files including video and text but you have to use GoodReader to view them as well.

Visit their website for more info, if you don't have iTunes installed.

Or you could jailbreak, but then why bother getting an iPad? Might as well get a joojoo...
I should have stated that one cannot down load music from safari to the ipad Sorry about that

Brad Groux

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bradgroux.com
Steps to downloading files on an iPad.

1. Place iPad on floor.
  2. Grab laptop.
  3. Stand on iPad while holding laptop.
  4. While browsing the web on the laptop, save files.
  5. You're now downloading files while on an iPad.
  6. Profit?

OP
D

Deenybird

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Woohoo! I figured it out.
Simply get safari download plugin in cydia. Then you can use file to play your mp3's.
Enjoy downloading files straight to your device.

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jailbreak just give you trouble

Simply get safari download plugin in cydia. Then you can use file to play your mp3's.

And will got trouble as many people with is JB will you be there for solve his problem ….. just google '’Jailbreak iPad problem’’ you will got a clear idea … or check here all request due to JB problem

Chrisman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I feel for you, I hate using iTunes too!
i just got this iPad mate program by Imtoo, it's a 3rd party software, but i can download videos and music from the internet, and this program will auto convert it and transfer to ipad. it does a lot of other things too like transfer ipad stuff back to computer.
pretty good itunes alternative.

Deus

iPF Noob
Reaction score

And will got trouble as many people with is JB will you be there for solve his problem ….. just google '’Jailbreak iPad problem’’ you will got a clear idea … or check here all request due to JB problem

You twit! I have been jailbroken from the iPhone 3G to 3gs through the ipad and have NEVER had a problem. I have also had many people I know do this without issue. Its just people who are not that bright that have problems. I guess this is the test for you.

If you have not tried it yourself then you shouldn't be throwing up red flags. And if you have tried it then you would have only gone back because you had problems which means... well...read above. So why then would your advice be taken if you were not that bright?

Jailbreak for ever. Free yourself.

Most reactions

Latest posts