What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Download Files?

essexboy80

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi All,

Just a quick question.

Does anyone know if you will be able to download files on the iPad?

ie will I be able to go to a website and download a .pdf or word document to read later on?

Just wondered as you cannot do this on the iPhone.

Thanks

Paul

Dorje

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It will depend on the application I'm sure. I can download PDFs to my 3rd party reader, some rtf or txt documents to another, and so on. All on my iPod Touch.

I highly doubt that the iPad itself, or rather Safari, will allow you to directly download PDF and Word files.

brobar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yea... you'll probably need a dedicated app for whatever type of document(s) you are trying to read/download. There are PDF apps out there that allow you to view/save from the web as well as transfer to your iPhone via a network connection.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi All,

Just a quick question.

ie will I be able to go to a website and download a .pdf or word document to read later on?

Thanks

Paul
You can down load all of the above on the iphone and also with the ipad using 3rd party applications I have all my work quotes in pdf on the iphone and some speadsheets
colin down under

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi All,

Just a quick question.

Thanks

Paul

Paul the iPhone GoodReader app allows you to do all kinds of wonderful things with the iPhone, the least of which is visiting a website and downloading PDF, WORD, or even MP3. It can even unzip and zip files for transfer.

But regards the iPad there will be a common method of adding files to the iPad for local use and then passing them back to another computer.

Most reactions