What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

downgrading from 4.3.5 to 4.3.3 is not working

tazz_nim

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello All:

First off, I am new here and this is my first post, I have just purchased a second hand first gen ipad with 16GB and wifi, the device came loaded with the 4.3.5 software, I have done extensive reading and have tried various methods available on youtube and online to downgrade but i was not sucessful. As i understand, in order to do the downgrading, i must have the shsh files saved however, being that i am second owner to this unit, I do no have any access to these files.

Is there any possible way that i can downgrade my unit without having the shsh files? Any help is greatly appreciated

Regards

OP
T

tazz_nim

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey Mickey, thanks you very much for the replying, i must say your really fast with the responses. so will i be able to JB 4.3.5 since it is my only option?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, you can jailbreak your iPad1 with iOS 4.3.5. You could also upgrade to iOS 5.0 and have a tethered jailbreak there.

See this thread for all the options available to you as an iPad1 owner: http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/24377-jailbreaking-methods-ipad.html

Have a look through that and you can decide what to do.

Also, we have a bunch of stickies in the Hacking section that'll give you all the info you'll ever need about jail breaking (thanks to f4780y, JBer extraordinaire). Give all those a read too.

That should give you plenty to start on. Let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Whilst there is absolutely no way to downgrade without blobs, if you think there is an outside chance that the previous owner had the iPad jailbroken, then your blobs may be saved on Cydia. They can be easily retrieved by following this tutorial. It only takes 10 minutes and does not involve making any changes to your iPad, so give it a go. At the end you will the definitive list of all the versions of IOS which you can install on your device in the TinyUmbrella program...

http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...01-how-save-your-shsh-blobs-tinyumbrella.html

:)

OP
T

tazz_nim

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks for all the input everyone, really appreciate the help, I have been doing some reading and as i understood many users who upgraded to the Iso5 firmware are having many problems with the device crashing and freezing most of the time, so is there really the way to go? or should i just JB the 4.3.5 version?

Most reactions

Latest posts