What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Double tab home button question:

WedgeWannaBe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I double tap the home button and it shows my open browser as an option to select, it will display the image of a recently closed tab. This occurs in regular mode or privacy browsing. The type of browser doesn't matter either. Is it still running the closed tab and pulling on the wifi as well? I haven't checked other apps like eBay but am suspecting the same. How do I change this?

Thanks!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
To the best of my knowledge the multitasking thumbnail is not an active window. It's just a snapshot of how Safari looked the last time you closed it. On my iPad 3 I can close Safari in the middle of loading a site, and it shows exactly that, a blank page with a progress bar.

Interestingly, the page may actually continue to load after I close Safari, and the tab be fully displayed the next time I open it. The thumbnail in the multitask bar does not change to reflect this until I close Safari again. This is fairly typical of apps. They have a set time to finish tasks in progress before they finish closing. It keeps you from interrupting downloads and other vital tasks you may have initiated without having to sit staring at the app until it's done.

I'm not sure what is happening if you are seeing tabs you closed before closing the browser. It's also possible that other browsers are acting slightly different than Safari, though I don't see how they could.

Most reactions

Latest posts