What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Doesn't get past boot screen, won't charge properly

th3joker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPad ran completely flat on Saturday, I plugged it in on Sunday morning and it charged up and switched on. But it wouldn't charge once powered on, either from the charger or the Mac Pro, nor would it connect to the Mac Pro.

I tried two different chargers neither would charge it while it was switched on, only when powered off after running out of charge.

The iPad won't connect to my Mac Pro, Macbook Pro, Mackbook or PC. I've got half a dozen cables all have the same result. It will charge it when in battery flat mode but only then.

I tried the "Erase all settings and data" option which seemed to finish ok then rebooted and now it won't get past the silver apple screen.

It's hanging at the boot screen about half way through a normal boot with the apple logo still on.

I can get it into recovery mode but it still won't connect to any of the systems. Can't seem to get DFU mode or perhaps it is in it but still isn't being picked up by the computer(s).

Any suggestions?

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If resetting your iPad (by holding down the Home button and the Sleep/Wake button until the Apple logo appears) does not help, a trip to Exeter might be in your future.

Most reactions