What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does the iPad2 have stereo speakers?

zen2go

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry if this has been asked before, but does the iPad2 have stereo speakers built in?

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't think it really matters with the internal speakers since you can't really get the fully stereo effect, but if you listen through earphones or speakers, it will be in stereo.

OP
zen2go

zen2go

iPF Noob
Reaction score
And the speaker is still at the bottom, I take it? Meaning if you want to dock it, you have no choice but to use the Aux line out on top, correct?

Dream

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The speaker is on the bottom, but more directed towards the back of the device pushing the sound away. I like the first generation design better personally.

Dorje

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's a hard placement. With the tapered edges there isnt much choice unless you want to put them behind the bezel and punch holes there. Although if they had gotten speakers on both top and bottom (left right in landscape) I thing the effect would have come off a bit better instead of making me feel like I'm lossing hearing in one ear. ;)

Watch for a apple patent that will cover transmitting sound through solid glass and metal/plastic.

Thphilli

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Watch for a apple patent that will cover transmitting sound through solid glass and metal/plastic.

Yes, because people want their new $800 iPad to be vibrating in their hands as they try to hold on for dear life.

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thphilli said:
Yes, because people want their new $800 iPad to be vibrating in their hands as they try to hold on for dear life.

Talk about hard core metal!!!

Wait isn't aluminum metaloid? Can I borrow 13$. Need to buy elements app.

richrocks

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No it doesn't. You can get a good stereo sound with ear phones tho.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

iRockSteady

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The speaker is not bad at all. It's a flipping tablet! Apple put it right where it should be. Just plug in headphones or an external system for true surround sound. IMO it's definitely sufficient for casual use.

Tom P.

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can get an FM transmitter and have the iPad play through your stereo. I bought one for my iPod Touch so that I could play music through my car's stereo, To use it inside the house, I got an AC to 12v adapter as the transmitter has a cigarette lighter plug. It is settable to transmit on any FM frequency, so you just find an unused (quiet) spot on your stereo's FM band and set it to that. Then crank 'er up and feel the vibes! Great for Garage Band.

Dorje

iPF Noob
Reaction score

That's why I said watch for a patent to overcome issues like that :p . It's Apple, they are magically delicious (or this that a trade mark violoation?).

OP
zen2go

zen2go

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Of course I could use headphones. But the reason I asked is because sometimes I want to prop up the iPad for several people to watch a video together. I don't want to carry a set of powered external speakers with the iPad everywhere I go. (Who does??)

I'm not sure if any manufacturer has made a tablet with built-in stereo speakers in landscape mode. I would seriously consider buying such a device.

Most reactions

Latest posts