What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

data usage

ercsliberty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i have a problem. i have an at&t 3g ipad2. im using tunein to strem music to my cars stereo thru the 3.5 jack. when a call comes in to my bluetooth phone, the car mutes the music and activates the bluetooth call. very cool. but, i found the hard way, that the music i still being streamed to my ipad, even if i dont hear it in the speakers. when the phone call is done, the music from the pad immidiatly continues on the cars stereo. does any on know of a way to stop the music streaming on the pad, when a call comes into my sprint phone? thanks

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is difficult to see how this could be achieved because the iPad is 'unaware' of the incoming call, since the only connection between your car - where the call is being received - and the iPad is the headphone jack connection. Plus, TuneIn is constantly recording the incoming music on its 30 minute storage buffer (or you might even have set it to record continuously) in case you wanted to listen to a particular favourite track that happened to be playing when the call came in.

So, in my view, this is simply not possible. To prevent TuneIn from streaming when you receive the call, you'd have to manually pause the iPad from playing - most definitely not recommended while you're driving.

Tim

OP
E

ercsliberty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks Tim , if you can think of other way/app to stream music and stop when needed, lemma know. thanks

King.Khoja

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well in that case, I dont think you have any options. As Tim said, the unit isnt able to tell that youve received a call so it continues to play since the 3.5mm jack is still in the headphone jack. If you had an aftermarket deck, you could just buy and iPod wire that connects to the back of your deck. With this the deck will recognize when it is switch sources and will automaticall pause the ipad until your done your call.

OP
E

ercsliberty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well in that case, I dont think you have any options. As Tim said, the unit isnt able to tell that youve received a call so it continues to play since the 3.5mm jack is still in the headphone jack. If you had an aftermarket deck, you could just buy and iPod wire that connects to the back of your deck. With this the deck will recognize when it is switch sources and will automaticall pause the ipad until your done your call.

interesting... where can i find such an after market dock?

Most reactions