What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does the iPad keyboard annoy you?

Does the iPad keyboard annoy you?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
BettiBz said:
Yes, makes too many errors

It doesn't make any errors. WE do, because our fingers are too big or the buttons are too small/too close together or both. Remember...computers are, for all intents and discussions, incapable of error. Dumb, but incapable of error. (Just don't say that to HAL 9000)

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad 3 using iPF

1dopebloke

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I love my iPad keyboard. Hate my iphone5 keyboard as the letters n numbers closest to the edge don't register like they did on the 4S.

alexneargarder

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like the iPad key board kind of odd thou for typing I would think I mean real typing not just finding the letters and poking them with your fingers like I do but if you practice it can be fast but got to admit never going to be as fast as you can on a laptop/computer with poking the keys.

nickb67

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an Android device also, and the keyboard was much better on the Android, customisable, tab keys, added rows etc, the apple one is a lot more limited, are customisable ones available on the app store?

FastAndFurious

iPF Noob
Reaction score
nickb67 said:
I have an Android device also, and the keyboard was much better on the Android, customisable, tab keys, added rows etc, the apple one is a lot more limited, are customisable ones available on the app store?

Unlike android, you can't change the keyboard in iOS

Asharp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
FastAndFurious said:
Unlike android, you can't change the keyboard in iOS

Well, you can undock it or split it for thumb typing by selecting the Show/Hide button that looks like a keyboard in the lower right corner of the iPad keyboard.

FastAndFurious

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Asharp said:
Well, you can undock it or split it for thumb typing by selecting the Show/Hide button that looks like a keyboard in the lower right corner of the iPad keyboard.

Those are just features of the stock keyboard. You can't change the look or the layout of it. On android you can install keyboards from the store just like any other app.

Asharp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
FastAndFurious said:
Those are just features of the stock keyboard. You can't change the look or the layout of it. On android you can install keyboards from the store just like any other app.

Yes, that was my point.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Asharp said:
Yes, that was my point.

You can add new keyboards by going to Settings>General>Keyboard. Here are some examples.

image-1417274646.jpgArabic keyboard

image-339590498.jpgCherokee keyboard

davidinvirginia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does the onscreen iPad keyboard annoy you?
No, but if I have a lot of data to enter I purchased an Apple Bluetooth keyboard (the one without the number pad) to use. I tried a couple of the cases with built-in keyboards and the keys were too small to my liking. That said, I don't have to use the keyboard much as I find I seldom need it.

Most reactions

Latest posts