What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Keyboard not showing

sethm1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
IOS 15.4.1

Last few weeks when I open Safari and other apps, the keyboard does not always show. Initially I did not notice a little icon popping up in the lower right of the screen. When this happens I have to select “show keyboard. This is getting annoying. How do I force my iPad to always show the keyboard (when ready to type)?

OP
S

sethm1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks. Interestingly Bluetooth WAS set for enabled. Odd, I don’t use BT devices with my iPad. And I don’t have a hardware keyboard. I disabled BT in Settings - so crossing fingers thats the fix.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Bluetooth is always enabled by default. If you don't have a paired keyboard, it should make no difference. You should have seen any paired devices in the Bluetooth settings.

I can't think of any other reason for your issue. At least not at the moment.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Given that the hub has keys on it, media keys often seen on keyboards, it is likely the iPad sees it as a keyboard and acts appropriately. Or not. The video shows it working in conjunction with a smart/magic keyboard, so obviously it does not interfere.

So, do you ever have the problem when the hub is not plugged in?

Most reactions

Latest posts