What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does the brightness setting affect battery drain ?

crjcreates

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello All,

I'm new to the site and I'm just wondering (as stupid as it may sound), does a brighter setting for the ipad 4 screen drain the battery quicker? When I first got my new ipad it was set at just under 1/4 of the brightest setting. So, I guess what I'm wondering is, was that the setting Apple used to get their diagnostics on the battery?

therealriley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have mine less than quarter, you really don't need it that bright. If you start to get headaches from straining your eyes or it's too bright then adjust as needed and you will find the optimum level suitable.

mrcupu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
absolutely this matter also mentioned in the apple website on the topics how to prolonged battery life :thumbs:

Danengeus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Obviously, higer brightness is the main reason for quicker battery drain. Keep the brightness less than quarter.

Mickeylittle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Different strokes for different folks. I like mine on half way and I can't stand the auto brightness feature but I know others who love it.

therealriley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickeylittle said:
Different strokes for different folks. I like mine on half way and I can't stand the auto brightness feature but I know others who love it.

Different strokes rule the world!

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The retina display is the major power hog on the iPad, period.

Yesterday I streamed Pandora to my BT speakers all day long with the display off......battery only went down bout 15%

Mickeylittle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The retina display is the major power hog on the iPad, period.

Yesterday I streamed Pandora to my BT speakers all day long with the display off......battery only went down bout 15%

Maybe so but I get a solid 10 hours usage every day on my iPad 4. I'm very impressed with the battery life on this tablet and I've had all 4 versions of the iPad but not the mini.

Most reactions

Latest posts