What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does new iPad come with latest iOS installed?

VlogSalad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi.. I have a few questions really..

I've just accidentally smashed my ipad screen by dropping it on a very soft surface.. I'd like to know if you think I could get it replaced for free at Apple? I have a warranty, I believe

Also, if I get a new ipad, would it be updated to the latest iOS? As I am jail broken and would absolutely hate to loose my jailbreak as it has features I couldn't live without.. Please help.. Thanks guys :/.. Feeling disappointed right now lol!

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is unlikely that Apple will replace it for free unfortunately, in addition, any replacement is likely to come with the most up to date version of iOS.

The best thing you can do is head along to an Apple Store and see what they can do for you.

Good luck!

The Archangel

OP
VlogSalad

VlogSalad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks mate, I appreciate it!
So you think a new replaced iPad would come with the latest version of iOS, rather than iOS 6.0?

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks mate, I appreciate it!
So you think a new replaced iPad would come with the latest version of iOS, rather than iOS 6.0?

I'm guessing but as the most recent version of iOS has been out for a while I think that it is unlikely that you would get an iPad with an earlier version but it's got to be worth a try.

The Archangel

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you go to this website and enter the device's serial number, it will tell you which iOS version it was shipped with. http://ios.joshuaturner.co/
You can do this without even opening the box, the serial number is on the sticker on the back.

rhardin

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just got the iPad mini and it has iOS 6.1.3....

hbwink

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just got the iPad mini and it has iOS 6.1.3....

Unless it has been on the shelf a while, it should have the latest. And if it does not auto load the newest, presently 6.1.3, it is easily verified and installed thru your 'Settings/General/Software Update' selection

Most reactions