What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does it fit in the Clamcase for ipad 2 even though its a tad bit bigger?

SirJosue

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the ipad 3 fits in the ipad 2 Clamcase? I ordered a Trooper Limited Edition and at the time the website said it works with the new ipad, but it was removed as of late.

zipur

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Funny my ipadHD also fits in my Mareware C.E.O. Case although I had to bend the clips out a little bit to make it fit but it works well I'm happy

Eyeheartmono

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm interested as well, I've heard so many rumors of it fitting as well but why would they release a different product specifically for iPad 3, I'm hesitant to buy one. I would just buy the iPad 3 version but it's not available in Canada.

doc.zed

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the clamcase for the ipad2 it is a great case. The ipad2 sits in pretty tight but it is plastic so it could bend alittle but id be worried about breaking one of the clips. Have you looked the ipad1 cases they would be made alittle bigger?

Eyeheartmono

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah I'd be worried about the cameras being covered up on the iPad 1 case, I'm looking into the crux 360's new iPad 3 case now. At least they ship internationally.

rushmore69

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hit and miss. Most appear not to fit, but some designs do. At Best Buy, it appears most do not fit and they have a lot too choose from.

OP
S

SirJosue

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I guess no one has actually tried it yet, I called Clamcase and the guy told me that the ones on thier website for the NEW ipad are the same exact ones as the ipad 2 versions, he said the only difference was the packaging and labeling on the box it comes in.
They already shipped mine out and I should be getting it tomorrow so I'll post an update after I try it out. thanks for the responses guys. I'm new to the threads..

P.S When I got my email confrimation after ordering, it states the following:

ClamCase iPad 2 Keyboard Case - Trooper
Ships: Next Business Day
Color: White/Black (compatible with 2nd & 3rd generation iPads only!)

OP
S

SirJosue

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SirJosue said:
I guess no one has actually tried it yet, I called Clamcase and the guy told me that the ones on thier website for the NEW ipad are the same exact ones as the ipad 2 versions, he said the only difference was the packaging and labeling on the box it comes in.
They already shipped mine out and I should be getting it tomorrow so I'll post an update after I try it out. thanks for the responses guys. I'm new to the threads..

P.S When I got my email confrimation after ordering, it states the following:

ClamCase iPad 2 Keyboard Case - Trooper
Ships: Next Business Day
Color: White/Black (compatible with 2nd & 3rd generation iPads only!)

UPDATE!
I just received my new Clamcase!
I took it out of the box and was completely amazed of the High Quality and sleek style. I am very picky about products I buy and I have to say I give this 10 out of 10! rating.

Then I said lets do the fit test.
Does the New iPad fit in the iPad 2 Clamcase? The answer is YES!!!!!
It fits Perfectly without having to bend the clips or modify the case in anyway!
I thought since it was a tad bit thicker than maybe it wouldn't fit but there is plenty of room and still maintains a snug fit! As a matter of fact, when I placed it in the Clamcase for the very first time, I forgot that I had a Invisible shield Body protector on the back! (its like a screen protector but for the body of the iPad) and actually makes the New iPad a little thicker since it is made of a thin layer of vinyl! And to top if off I even have a screen protector on the front also!
I would highly recommend this case to anyone that has been looking into buying a all in one keyboard case! 5 Star Rating from me!

Again, the New iPad with a Invisible Shield vinyl body protector and a front screen protector fits in the Clamcase for iPad 2 without bending the clips or modifying the case in any way! It still aligns perfectly when closed!

If you guys have any questions, feel free to ask me anytime. thanks for posting in my thread!

Eyeheartmono

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SirJosue said:
UPDATE!
I just received my new Clamcase!
I took it out of the box and was completely amazed of the High Quality and sleek style. I am very picky about products I buy and I have to say I give this 10 out of 10! rating.

Then I said lets do the fit test.
Does the New iPad fit in the iPad 2 Clamcase? The answer is YES!!!!!
It fits Perfectly without having to bend the clips or modify the case in anyway!
I thought since it was a tad bit thicker than maybe it wouldn't fit but there is plenty of room and still maintains a snug fit! As a matter of fact, when I placed it in the Clamcase for the very first time, I forgot that I had a Invisible shield Body protector on the back! (its like a screen protector but for the body of the iPad) and actually makes the New iPad a little thicker since it is made of a thin layer of vinyl! And to top if off I even have a screen protector on the front also!
I would highly recommend this case to anyone that has been looking into buying a all in one keyboard case! 5 Star Rating from me!

Again, the New iPad with a Invisible Shield vinyl body protector and a front screen protector fits in the Clamcase for iPad 2 without bending the clips or modifying the case in any way! It still aligns perfectly when closed!

If you guys have any questions, feel free to ask me anytime. thanks for posting in my thread!

Thanks for the update I'm glad it's working for the iPad 3. Now if only clamcase shipped to Canada heehee. Maybe one day, I hope they know there's a demand up here for them.

zipur

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Update: marware c.e.o cases will fit however the newer cases even some iPad 3 version don't work with the sleep wake feature. I have an iPad 2 version purchased in July 2011. It works perfect however my wife's purchased in November 2011 does not work with this sleep wake.

I used to be all thumbs now I'm all gums I love dictating my posts!

Most reactions