What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does anyone know why the wifi versions hold their value more at resale?

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I I've just completed a bit of research and have found that the 16 wifi only version of the iPad retain their value more. The more storage you have and 3G facility the less its worth at worth at resale. Does anyone know why?

I just sold my 64 GB WIFI iPad to Amazon.com. They offer more for a 64GB 3G AT&T than for a 64GB 3G Verizon. They offer a little less for a 64 GB Wifi, but they offer the least for a 16 GB Wifi model. I got $414 for my 64 GB Wifi iPad.

Vishal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AQ_OC said:
I just sold my 64 GB WIFI iPad to Amazon.com. They offer more for a 64GB 3G AT&T than for a 64GB 3G Verizon. They offer a little less for a 64 GB Wifi, but they offer the least for a 16 GB Wifi model. I got $414 for my 64 GB Wifi iPad.

I got $ 413 for 16gb wifi after all fees and shipping

nuclear_navy_joe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've done a bit of checking the past weeks and found that overall, at least in Ohio, US, most people believe that they will get a lower price on wifi only so they don't look at the 3G. The more I talk to people about it, the more they tell me that they don't trust someone who is selling a 3G for cheaper than the wifi, so they give up looking for deals. Oh well, their loss.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It will be interesting to see how the prices of iPads with 16 GBs hold up as apps get bigger under iOS 5.1 and storage becomes more of an issue.

Most reactions