What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does a jail broken iPad allow one to load their own movies to the device?

dfarland

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Big time newbie here,
Does a jail broken iPad allow one to download ones movies and music to the device? Or is there something else one can do?

Thanks

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Depends. Via iTunes, only MP4, mov and m4v are supported. But you can still get .mkv, wma and all that on as well but you'll need to FTP into your device and download an app that allows you to universally watch any video formats, then use a root-access app like iFile to go into the root folder to manually open up the iTunes-unsupported video/movie.

Krick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't understand - you can do that on a non-jail broken iPad.

mikeos

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can download vlc player from cydia. Vlc will play almost any movie format.

Jenningsville

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Easily done on a non-JB iPad. Just install one of the many movie players from App Store, then with your iPad connected to your PC with iTunes running, on the PC drag the movies you want to watch across into the iTunes movie app data area. Once this is done, you'll see the movies listed and ready to play when you open up the app on your iPad. I use Buzz Player which plays most movie file formats.

doc.zed

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Itransmission will let you download torrents (movies) from the Internet. Ifile with VLC will let you watch them.

baraban

iPF Noob
Reaction score
video player for .trp video files

Hello and congratulations for the interesting forum. I have an ipad 2 with jailbreak 5.0.1. Anyone knows a video player for movies in the format. trp? My sat receiver records movies generating 1,5GB .trp video files . Now I must convert them in an Ipad compatible format before loading them on the ipad via USB key. I would like to play them directly without video converter. On my PC I have GOM PLAYER that supports .trp files but unfortunately till now I didn't find something similar for MAC . Thank you.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts