What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Doc app?

Dr.Gee

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I need to type up a small proposal and would like to do it bed watching tv, on my iPad. I have heard nothing good about apple products.ultimately I want it in a window format.what to do?free apps? Should I type it as an email then paste to open office?

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have heard nothing good about apple products.
The why did you buy an iPad? You must be reading publications from Microsoft!

ultimately I want it in a window format.what to do?free apps? Should I type it as an email then paste to open office?
If is a small proposal that you are only going to do once, then emailing it to yourself is probably the easiest and cheapest way to go. OTOH, if this is something you plan to do on a regular basis, I might suggest you look into Apple's Pages app. Yes, it costs a whopping $9.99, but you can save documents in MS Word format.

OP
Dr.Gee

Dr.Gee

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The why did you buy an iPad? You must be reading publications from Microsoft!

ultimately I want it in a window format.what to do?free apps? Should I type it as an email then paste to open office?
If is a small proposal that you are only going to do once, then emailing it to yourself is probably the easiest and cheapest way to go. OTOH, if this is something you plan to do on a regular basis, I might suggest you look into Apple's Pages app. Yes, it costs a whopping $9.99, but you can save documents in MS Word format.

Apple office products.

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I need to type up a small proposal and would like to do it bed watching tv, on my iPad. I have heard nothing good about apple products.ultimately I want it in a window format.what to do?free apps? Should I type it as an email then paste to open office?

excuse me to say that , in my eyes you look like an hater … nobody force you buy an iPad , if you are not satisfied you can give it back …. i use page and work like a charm

every device have it’s good & bad point , when i can live with the bad point i just don’t buy or resell is no more complicated than this ...

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OP was not hating, geeze guys. The question was what are some recommendations on apps that work with Word format?

Abrennan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.eyepadulation.com
The answer is:

You can use google docs in your web browser on iPad, or you can use Apples Pages or Quickoffice and sync with any number of cloud based systems.

There are any number of free and cheap apps that let you wordprocess. The less you pay is seems the less 'rich' the user experience is.

One of my favorites is the Star Trek Captains Blog. Looks like you are typing in a Star Trek computer. You can store locally or email. I have another one mitypewriter, looks and sounds like your typing on an old typewriter. These are stupid but fun, that's why I use em.

As I say I mostly use Quickoffice (the full version) I write a lot of articles and it is perfect for basic wordprocessing.

Hope you continue to have fun with your iPad

I use Quickoffice a lot. Apples Pages has more facility though.

CaptKirk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
excuse me to say that , in my eyes you look like an hater … nobody force you buy an iPad , if you are not satisfied you can give it back …. i use page and work like a charm

every device have it’s good & bad point , when i can live with the bad point i just don’t buy or resell is no more complicated than this ...

Where the heck are you coming from???? Man, you need to roll over on the other side of your bed and try again... While you mare at it,,you owe the poster an apology,,,

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Where the heck are you coming from???? Man, you need to roll over on the other side of your bed and try again... While you mare at it,,you owe the poster an apology,,,

Well, with a line like
this sure doesn't sound like he is feeling the love flowing from Cupertino!

Most reactions

Latest posts