What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you turn off your ipad?

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you click on his user name and hit find more posts I'm sure you can find what you're looking for.

Ultrimate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Matth3w
Jesus your spelling and grammar is absolutely atrocious. There are forum members from foreign countries with better spelling.
----——

I wasn't aware this is grammar school, look ur not worth the effort to fix typos, sorry to say..

And I could swear there were ppl that were saying that they leave it on, not stand by but on, I would go back and try and find it, but again, not worth my efforts..

And I don't rem reading in terms of use that you have to use correct grammar so too bad so sad..

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes they leave it on as in they don't hold down the button and slide the power to off.

sbarnes8478

iPF Noob
Reaction score
... look ur not worth the effort to fix typos, sorry to say..

Which is another way of saying you have no care or respect for the people you interact with. Or you are terminally lazy. Or both.

A well run forum, which this certainly appears to be, is a community of people sharing information and ideas, debating opinions and issues on their merits.

I did take the hint and looked at your posting history, especially threads where you are the OP. Most seem to be in the nature of stating something blatantly false, irrelevant, or improbable IOT start an argument which quickly becomes personal.

It's clear from your use of language that you are at least of moderate intelligence, probably quite young, and that if you tried you'd have some thing to contribute besides vitriol, conflict, and spite.

Begin to contribute, respectfully, and I'll gladly hear what you have to say. Continue as you are and you'll eventually irritate enough people to get banned.

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
... look ur not worth the effort to fix typos, sorry to say..

Which is another way of saying you have no care or respect for the people you interact with. Or you are terminally lazy. Or both.

A well run forum, which this certainly appears to be, is a community of people sharing information and ideas, debating opinions and issues on their merits.

I did take the hint and looked at your posting history, especially threads where you are the OP. Most seem to be in the nature of stating something blatantly false, irrelevant, or improbable IOT start an argument which quickly becomes personal.

It's clear from your use of language that you are at least of moderate intelligence, probably quite young, and that if you tried you'd have some thing to contribute besides vitriol, conflict, and spite.

Begin to contribute, respectfully, and I'll gladly hear what you have to say. Continue as you are and you'll eventually irritate enough people to get banned.

And there we have it. Well said.

Come on, Ultrimate ~ own up and be NICE ~ Please?

Ultrimate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I thought the subject was "do you turn your iPad off"

Not, "everybody bash Ultrimate"

Anyway, I went to TSU, Tech Support University,

And the best way is to turn off all electronics to prolong the lifespan..

That is the facts , anything you say about my posting habits is irrelevant.

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just so you know, the mods are aware of you and you are on your way towards a ban already with 50 posts on the forum. If you keep acting like an idiot, your posting habits will earn you a permanent vacation from the site. Just fyi.

figmo10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm always surprised that users generally don't care to turn off (fully power down) thier electronics, even when those devices won't be used for many hours. I remember at a Kindle forum some users became exercised at the notion that the Kindle could be shut off for the night rather than left in sleep mode. I fully understand leaving these gizmos in sleep during inactive time when use will be resumed fairly soon, but for the life of me I can't see the difficulty attached to turning the thing off for the night when I go to sleep.

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
I turn mine off and then back on (effectively a re-boot) once a week.... Clears the memory, and in general makes things like an iPad run better.... Of course I didn't go to TSU, Tech Support University, so best not listen to me.....

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
I'm always surprised that users generally don't care to turn off (fully power down) thier electronics, even when those devices won't be used for many hours. I remember at a Kindle forum some users became exercised at the notion that the Kindle could be shut off for the night rather than left in sleep mode. I fully understand leaving these gizmos in sleep during inactive time when use will be resumed fairly soon, but for the life of me I can't see the difficulty attached to turning the thing off for the night when I go to sleep.

I hear what you're saying, and of course there is no harm in it... but... The iPad and Kindle are just like an iPhone. I have had my iPhone 3G on for over two years, without a problem. These devices are made to be in "stand-by". So it's cool if you want to turn it off at night, but it really does not help anything ether..... Of course just MHO.....

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
And the best way is to turn off all electronics to prolong the lifespan..

I have a friend who is a HP tech and he has always told me that all electronics need down time and it is best to NOT leave my computer on all day ~ turn it off at night.

So ~ there may be something to what you say.:)

danr56

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad off

On a day to day basis I agree that the iPad can be left on standby, but every
Week i turn mine off, but stuff doesn't happen until you you turn it back on.
an example the iPad screen would not rotate, the iPad had to be turned off and on again to fix the problem.

I'm not sure what happens with the iPad when it is turned back on, but like my iMac I know good things occur when you turn it on/off every once in a while.

Sorry if I ramble on, this is the first time I have ever been in such a group.

benkj14

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I rarely turn mine off, I'm really surprised just how long the battery lasts.

Most reactions

Latest posts