What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you think the smart cover is the best case for ipad 2?

blackice222

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I personally like the speck case: PixelSkin HD Wrap case for iPad® 2 . It is very slim protects whole iPad, minus the screen of course. If I want to put my iPad to sleep I will hit the top button, I don't need the case lid to do it for me. Heck I like the apple case for the iPad 1 better than the smart cover...

ipadfreak69

iPF Noob
Reaction score
blackice222 said:
I personally like the speck case: PixelSkin HD Wrap case for iPad® 2 . It is very slim protects whole iPad, minus the screen of course. If I want to put my iPad to sleep I will hit the top button, I don't need the case lid to do it for me. Heck I like the apple case for the iPad 1 better than the smart cover...

TOUCHE'

Sent from my iPad2 using IPF

Killman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It really is a neat concept in theory, but it just doesn't seem reliable. When I get my Ipad 2, I will be getting an actual case, not the genius sheet.

celly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like the Smart Cover. I'm using a Speck Smartshell for the rear. Great protection, the Smart Cover seems to stay in place better, the magnet in the Smartshell keeps the Smart Cover from flopping around, and little bulk added. The Smart Cover is a rip off though. Should be a lot cheaper for what it does.

jmorton10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree that the smart cover is way overpriced (of course the same thing can be said about just about anything with the apple logo on it) but I still like it enough that I bought two of them.

scarez

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have only had one case for my iPad 2, and that is a Dodocase. I like it's looks and the way it protects the entire device. It is easy to carry and most people don't even know what it is until I open the case.

laserguy007

iPF Novice
Reaction score
People say the Otter Box for the iPad 2 is bulky, not as bad as the one for the first iPad! Use the screen cover has holes and yes the speaker is not completely covered. But let's be real, are you really going to lug it around in your hands or in a bag of some sorts. I work in the medical field, I have an Otter Box for my iPad 2 and a Targus sling. I needed the Otter Box just for the extra protection when in the bag.

Sent from my iPad 2 White 64GB + 3G Verizon using iPF

Oops

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have 3 covers, one being the smart cover a friend bought from the states together with a targus cover...

Much prefer the targus cover, more protected, stand more stable...

weroliver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iKIKO said:
I think it is. im diggin it a lot.

My setup is the blue smart cover, and the back wrapsol, then i dont have to worry about the back scratches, and mantain the slim profile that indeed i love.

Here some pics

Ok! I live in Canada, where did you get the wrapsol?
Thanks in advance.

chocolateschips

iPF Noob
Reaction score
so.. i bought the case that the same as iPad 1st original black cover for my iPad 2 but it doesn't look very good, you know. the material is bad quality and it got scratched easily. i'm thinking of buying the smart cover, but is it really that bad? cause i kind of like the original one. and then my brother said that buy cheap is buy twice. so i'm thinking of buying the original although it's more expensive. thanks!

iKIKO

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iKIKO said:
I think it is. im diggin it a lot.

My setup is the blue smart cover, and the back wrapsol, then i dont have to worry about the back scratches, and mantain the slim profile that indeed i love.

Here some pics

Ok! I live in Canada, where did you get the wrapsol?
Thanks in advance.

I bought it here at my local electronic shop, but im pretty sure that wrapsol ship out the usa, so you can order it at get it right at home. ;) Is a greta product, works great with the smart cover

ridesmith

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use the Snugg case which is a good deal at $29.99 (Amazon). $10 less than Apple's and it's real leather which protects iPad front and back and folds for use. It turns iPad on and off like smart cover. Also has a handle that's nice when case is open. K

noddy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I didnt like the micro fiber exposed to table surface, while rolled up behind the ipad, then shut case with same side on the screen. Those magnets are really cool though! I returned mine for a real case.

You can roll the cover the other way. The magnets will hold the triangular shape as well. I have a navy blue leather one which I fold leather side out and its just as good.

That said, I only bought the Smart Cover as it was cheap £25 on ebay compared to £59.99 in the Apple Store). Brand new in a sealed box too.

Petdr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just got my iPad 2 two days ago, and I got the pink mf and red leather smart covers. So far, I like as a case, but not as a stand. I like to watch movies, so I need a stand. I'm thinking about the Joby gorilla mobile.

cookie2133

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I recently bought an iPad and have ordered a smart cover but judging by all these negative comments requiring the back of the iPad, any suggestions on cases that work with the smart cover?

Most reactions