What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you think the Ipad would be good for business purposes?

Twinkle22

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My company is looking to use the ipad during meetings in order to conserve on paper. Instead of printing out all graphs, spreadsheets, word documents, and powerpoints we would hope to be able to access all of them on the ipad. Is the ipad user friendly enough for this?

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
I would say absolutely. You could use the app GoodReader on all iPads, Setup a GoogleDocs account for your office and give the username/password to all employee's. GoodReader would then let everyone download/upload any files they want in google docs. basicly Upload file to google docs and and it would show up in every one elses GoodReader.

And for meetings, you should check out GoToMeeting. You could hold a meeting and everyone can attend via computer or iPad(they have an iPad app). The GoToMeeting app on the iPad lets people attend over the internet so they can be anywhere and still hear you, view your presentation and even talk back if they want using the ipads built in microphone.

http://www.gotomeeting.com/twit
They offer a 30 Day free trial

I think you should get one iPad to really get a hands on feal for it to make sure it will work for what you want to do before jumping out and buying a bunch of them..

Last edited:

spinfreak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm using it about 50/50 for work and pleasure. It's great for work. So much so, that a lawyer buddy of mine ordered one for when he's on the road.

CPMS

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Soundpaper works great for taking notes while recording audio. Taking notes during meetings was one the top reasons why I bought the iPad and it hasn't disappointed yet. No more taking notes on paper with the intent of transposing to some electronic format and never getting to it (even if it's as simple as scanning your notes). The biggest issue I've found with using the iPad during meetings is I can't type on it fast enough (probably just me and my slow typing). My next step will be to use something like GoToMeeting to view/edit documents collaboratively during meetings. Lots of options out there, so many that I've put off doing the research until I have more time ..... whenever that may be .....

Cufan99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I proposed to my manager that my group of electronic techs at the FAA use iPads for our work. As mentioned above, we could use Good reader to access PDFs of our work instructions and tech data. We could also use the email and calendar/contact apps.

Unfortunately, my boss sees the iPad as something of a cross between an executive status symbol and a geek toy and didn't give it much thought.

It would really help if we could edit MS Office documents and print selected text. I also think it would be nice to see Otter Box offer something for the iPad to help ruggedize it a little.

Last edited:

spinfreak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It would really help if we could edit MS Office documents and print selected text. I also think it would be nice to see Otter Box offer something for the iPad to help ruggedize it a little.

You can edit Office documents very easily. Otterbox is coming out with a defender case for the iPad very shortly. And according to Apple, printing is coming soon...I'm guessing probably with OS 4 later this year.

Most reactions

Latest posts