What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you own a iphone and an ipad?

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have an iPhone 3GS. I was so thrilled when I first got it. It made everything just so easy for me. I purchased my iPad 2 in April. And now I just use the phone for calls and taking photos. I do everything on the iPad and would be lost without it. Ill upgrade my phone early next year when my plan is finished. I'll definitely be going with another iPhone.

azulastrella

iPF Noob
Reaction score
eee0o said:
iPhone 4 and ipad 2 :)
if for some reason both of those devices die on me, my life will be in shambles. It's crazy how much I rely on technology.

Totally agree! Although, I did just get my iPad2 a week ago yesterday and almost took it back since it is so much like my iPhone. Didn't think I needed both at first, but then I discovered this forum and I'm finding all kinds of things you can do with it that are different from my iPhone 4!

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
leelai said:
I have an iPhone 3GS. I was so thrilled when I first got it. It made everything just so easy for me. I purchased my iPad 2 in April. And now I just use the phone for calls and taking photos. I do everything on the iPad and would be lost without it. Ill upgrade my phone early next year when my plan is finished. I'll definitely be going with another iPhone.

I'm the same, my poor iPhone is just a phone now, albeit a very nice phone.

The Archangel

apple2011

iPF Noob
Reaction score
leelai said:

The Archangel
I have got an iphone 4 early this year,but now it seems not so perfect as it should be... I am about to switich to a new one late this year...

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
leelai said:

Gabriel1 said:

The Archangel

Yes Gabriel, it does sound kinda sad, doesn't it . But it is such a wonderful clever phone and I wouldn't have it any other way. But compared to the iPad it pales just a little. 

Tapmyapple

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an ipad 2 wifi, an ipad 2 3g, an iphone 4, a 13" macbook pro core i5, and a 27" imac i7.

Overkill?

Sent from my black 1TB 3G iPad 2 using iPF

SunsNut

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been a huge Apple fan since the 80,s and have all the "I" stuff so thought the only thing I lacked was an iPhone so bought one about a month ago. I hated it. Had gotten so used to certain things on my android smartphone that I just couldn't make the adjustment especially with the keyboard. My smartphone had a slide out keyboard and the virtual keyboard on the iPhone was just too tough for me to use. After 4 days I called Verizon and had my Ally reactivated and returned the iPhone. Call me weird but I just did not like the iPhone although I would not give up any of my other Apple "toys" including 4 iMacs in my computer room.

PoetDoc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPhone 4 was the 'gateway' device for me that led to iPad2. I love both, but now use the iPad much more than iPhone. BUT when the power went out this week I used my iPhone heavily to follow weather and news since wifi was out. (iPad is just wifi). Next laptop will be a Mac. I'm sold on iOS. Feel like my PC is slogging through molasses to operate.

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wish. I can't get an iPhone until April. I don't have an iPod Touch either, so this iPad is my first iOS device. So, unlike most people, my iPad came first, and the iPhone will follow!

iCan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
GoPackGo said:
I wish. I can't get an iPhone until April. I don't have an iPod Touch either, so this iPad is my first iOS device. So, unlike most people, my iPad came first, and the iPhone will follow!

I'm the same.....in the Market for a new laptop .... Though after a long trip to new York and a brand new ipad2 I'm gonna hold out until at least after Christmas to get myself a MacBook pro .....

I'm also sold on IOS....My windows laptop feels so sluggish .... Like I do when I eat crap ...... iOS feels like really healthy, fit and smooth....like me when I exercise and eat right lol haha

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Gunny008

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have both. They both compliment each other well, and this will be improved dramatically, for my uses, with icloud!

retexan599

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have and love my iPad 2, since last April. My data plan is with Verizon, $20/month (grandfathered) for 1GB; in a normal month I use about half of that. I pretty much carry my iPad with me everywhere in a tote bag where it fits nicely.

My non-Apple cell phone plan runs out next week. I would really like to upgrade to an iPhone. However, I would have to get a 2GB data plan for the iPhone from Verizon at $30/month. This in addition to the iPad data plan. I expect to use very little data on the iPhone, since I get my data via the iPad. With my old phone, I have a minimal Data plan for $2/month of which I use very little. I will have to think this over some more...really don't want to pay $50/month for the two devices together. Maybe they will eventually allow you to have a combined data plan if you own both devices.....

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts