What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you listen to music on your iPad?

Do you listen to music on your iPad?

• Yes

Votes: 136 44.2%
  • No

Votes: 80 26.0%
  • Kinda

Votes: 65 21.1%
  • Main thing I do while doing other stuff

Votes: 27 8.8%

• Total voters

morquinn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Love using it with Tuned in radio, Pandora and my music. Now that I have an iPhone I use that so I can read on the iPad

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I find iPad too big for music purpose, only use iPad for internet access

This is weird, as it is definitely a music player in my household.....We make use of the Airplay function to Apple TV, connected to the Surround Sound Receiver.
Between 5-6 times per week(mostly kids, but adults consume use too), especially with the awesome battery life of an iPad.

I use the App Djay, in Airplay mirror mode....which is crazy awesome.

RokinAmerica

iPF Noob
Reaction score
1600 songs and another 127 albums on my ipad, yes I listen to music. I reverted to my 120gb classic after I bought this and gave my 32gb touch to my son. On the go, I use the classic, in office and at home I listen to the ipad. While I do anything else. Bose HP's and amped speakers in office and at home work well for me.

d3trak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't have any music on my iPad. I use my iPod. If I need a music fix, I'll use streaming services.

docjazz369

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I listen to music on my iPad often especially to fall asleep . Tunein is great for this as you can set this app to turn off the music after 15, 20,30 minutes , etc
Does anyone know if and how you can play only one song from your iTunes music library without automatically going to another song . I would like to play just one long song (10 minutes) and fall asleep during this playback

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone know if and how you can play only one song from your iTunes music library without automatically going to another song . I would like to play just one long song (10 minutes) and fall asleep during this playback

tapping in the red square(the icon), will toggle a few modes.
keep an eye on that same circular icon, and you will see a smaller digit appear on it.

2011-08-24_180258_img_0331.png

Last edited:

lkilgore

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I do everything on my iPad2. Listen to music, listen to audio books, read from my Kindle app, web browsing, create graphics, video record, take still pictures, use to present via digital projector, html coding on my websites, all of my banking via my bank's app, track currency exchange rates, track the weather in my favorite five places in the world, store data on my Evernotes, use subway apps to navigate various subways systems across the world, play computer games, email... etc. etc. etc.

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes, I am listening to more music, as well as radio stations.

I've just downloaded Chris Isaac's latest album. He is in the UK promoting it. It's excellent. :)

Sent from my iPad 1 using iPF - Greetings

sfrusty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Recently bought an apple tv, now the iPad sync's to my av system automatically and I can see what's playing in the tv. Yes now I use the iPad all the time to listen to music. Can't wait till iPad three so I can get a larger size.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
d3trak said:
I don't have any music on my iPad. I use my iPod. If I need a music fix, I'll use streaming services.

Yes same here.

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 With IOS 5.01Update From NYC using iPF

AHA

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, but not so much. I listen from my iPad less now since the Music app changed. I think that the iPod app looked and worked much better.

Most reactions