What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you leave your iPad on while charging it?

Do you leave your iPad on while charging it?

• Always (or almost always)

Votes: 220 59.8%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 91 24.7%
  • Rarely

Votes: 33 9.0%
  • Never

Votes: 24 6.5%

• Total voters

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Not only do I leave it on while charging, I often use it while it's charging.

malen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes. And til now its working perfectly. No tantrums. Thats what i luv with apple brand. Its worth the money u pay

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
chrisralph said:
I think I may be doing something wrong here, but my iPad won't charge whilst it's switched on.

Do you have the iPad plugged into the USB socket on your computer? Most USB sockets do not supply enough power to do more than trickle charge the iPad when it is turned off. If you haven't already done so, try using the supplied charger plugged into a wall socket.

Iris4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think I may be doing something wrong here, but my iPad won't charge whilst it's switched on.
I got the same problem. And it's connected to the mains charger. Seems that it uses more power than the charger can provide. Saying that, if it's on but I'm not doing anything on it like checking web pages or writing etc it will charge but at a snails pace.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Iris4 said:
I got the same problem. And it's connected to the mains charger. Seems that it uses more power than the charger can provide. Saying that, if it's on but I'm not doing anything on it like checking web pages or writing etc it will charge but at a snails pace.

Are you using the charger that came with the iPad? Another charger, such as an iPhone charger will not supply enough power to operate the iPad while it's charging.

Iris4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes I'm using the supplied charger. The reason why I'm concerned is, as mentioned in the German forum, that if I would use my iPad as a satnav and plug it into a charger the battery would drain faster than it is charging.

nickb67

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is it true the ipad 3 wont charge while being used?
I currently own an ipad 2, the slow battery charge of the ipad3 is what made me not want to upgrade, that plus im waiting for the ipad 7 to be released in 7 months!

Most reactions

Latest posts