What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do Apps actually sync ?

AWOT

iPF Noob
Reaction score
First post - possibly asking stupid newbie question - sorry in advance. But we've purchased a few Apps via the AppStore on the iPad2. When I sync with iTunes on my PC (XP SP2 iTunes 10.3.1.55) the only Apps that appear are the ones previously purchased for my iPod Touch.

Am I being stupid - should they (the iPad2 purchased Apps) actually appear in iTunes.

Thanks in advance

OP
A

AWOT

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks - I feel stupid but atleast it worked :)

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
sjleworthy's suggestion was sure to get them over but all the apps I purchase sync automatically. Perhaps after the transfer you will find that, in the future, the apps will move on over for you without having to do anything. If not, you can just hack it by just clicking around iTunes, or wait for the poet, Tim, or someone else to amplify on this a bit.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
To make sure app sync automatically:

If you are in the U.S. then download iTunes 10.3 and make sure your iPad is running 4.3.3. In iTunes go to Preferences > Store and make sure Apps is turned on. Turn the music or books on as desired. On the iPad go to Settings > Store and do the same. From that point on any app you download on the iPad or iTunes will automatically download on the other. Only works for new apps.

Otherwise:

Connect the iPad to the computer and select if from the Device list in iTunes. Go to the Apps page. Make sure you are set to sync apps, choose the selected apps by preference. Below the list of apps there is another checkbox that says sync new apps (or something like), check that too. Now, go through all the apps in the list and make sure the ones you want on the iPad are checked. If they are not, they will be removed the next time you sync, and you will lose any files or settings that you had in them.

When you are sure you have it the way you want, sync. From now on new apps purchased on the iPad will by copied to iTunes whenever you sync, and vice versa.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts