What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do any of you guys actually use this ipad keyboard?

ipadking112

iPF Noob
Reaction score

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi--I have moved this to the IPad 1,2,3 accessory section for better attention.

Thanks!

Ski ~ iPadforums Moderator | iPhoneForums Moderator

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Once I got used to it, I do fine with the standard onscreen keyboard. I tried using the Bluetooth keyboard that came with my iMac, but it isn't worth the bother.

This post handcrafted from 100 percent post-consumer recycled electrons.

russ331

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've never seen anyone using an iPad with a separate keyboard, whether in coffee shops or any other public place.

The inbuilt 'keyboard' works well. A separate keyboard may be handy if you're writing a novel, however, for most purposes it's not needed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well, I use an Apple BT keyboard w/ my iPad 2 under several circumstances: 1) Typing in a LOT of data into an app (e.g. Pages, Paprika - a recipe program, etc.); and 2) While on the road when checking emails that may require a longer response than a sentence or so. Setting up the Apple KB (cannot comment on the others since I've not used any others) is a breeze and really takes no time at all. Dave :)

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Not the keyboard you refer to. I use the Apple iPad docking keyboard for when I have loads to type etc.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

MoneyGuy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
While I love the iPad keyboard and find it useful for almost everything I do, I write newspaper columns and would like a separate keyboard with a case for my iPad. Any suggestions? I know there will be threads on those devices and will look later.

rossg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No it kills my wrists to type on iPad, hate the feedback from touch screen

bobbarry

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been using an older version of the Kensington unit (with a non-removable keyboard) on my iPad 2, and it's worked very well. I only use it occasionally, but when I do use it, it has proved invaluable. About the only drawback is there is only one shift key, so if I'm not thinking about it, I mess up what I'm typing. The battery life is great (I charge it every few months), and the key-feel is acceptable.

Most reactions

Latest posts