What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Disk may be full/Penultimate/Dropbox

ruschj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been using my iPad 2 for over 6 months, and one of the first apps I purchased was Penultimate. I have synced Penultimate with Evernote and Dropbox because I also have a work iPad 2, and I wanted to be able to share the notebooks with both iPads. Everything has been working well, until just this week. When I ask it to back up my notebooks to Dropbox, I receive this message "This operation could not be completed. Your iPad disk may be full." I don't even know where to check into this. I have looked at my storage, and I am just at 50% space on my iPad, and only 5% on my Dropbox, so I am thinking it is referring to something else. What could this be?

OP
R

ruschj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried that, and I even shut down all my apps and rebooted. I still get the same error message.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I tried that, and I even shut down all my apps and rebooted. I still get the same error message.

Well, if not already done, 'Reset' the iPad (directions HERE) - if that is unsuccessful in resolving the problem, then please post back to this thread - good luck!

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
Connect the ipad to a computer with iTunes.
What does the storage usage bar show? is there a lot of "other" files taking up space?

another thing to try, Try downloading a new app from the app store. If you are successfull in downloading a new app, that confirms that the ipad in fact does have space and can save things. It would then mean something happened with the Penultimate app. Try uninstalling and reinstalling Penultimate to see if that works, one of the Penultimate files could have become corrupt.

Most reactions