What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dish network slingbox on Ipad

Regalcat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a 922 dish dvr sling box with dsl and my sister has cable. My tv picture on MY iPad is not as clear as hers. I called Dish and they said try watching on the browser Mozilla Firefox. Anyone out there know anything about this? How does the iPad know to use Mozilla instead of safari? Thanks

Sonicrobby

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I can think of a few factors that might be different with your sister: Internet speed (both for your home and the wifi you are connected to), video service quality (HD or not), and do you both have the same sling box? (sling box pro hd or sling box solo?)

Does your sister also watch it on the iPad?

And dish has no idea what they are talking about... Apparently they haven't used an iPad... You can browse it from the sling media app available in the appstore.

rdsddq

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sonicrobby said:
I can think of a few factors that might be different with your sister: Internet speed (both for your home and the wifi you are connected to), video service quality (HD or not), and do you both have the same sling box? (sling box pro hd or sling box solo?)

Does your sister also watch it on the iPad?

And dish has no idea what they are talking about... Apparently they haven't used an iPad... You can browse it from the sling media app available in the appstore.

Is any dish apps

Sonicrobby

iPF Novice
Reaction score
rdsddq said:
Is any dish apps

I'm not positive if there is a dish network app, and if there is, unsure if it will do streaming, but check the AppStore and find out :D

snapdragon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To watch TV on your desktop or laptop:
Use Firefox with the Web Sling Player 1.5.1.119 add-on.

On the iPad...just use the Dish Remote Access app.

Picture quality is based on internet speed and a good wifi connection.

My setup: 722 receiver with Sling adapter and AT&T DSL Pro. Excellent reception!

Most reactions

Latest posts