What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Slingbox and iPad 2

WayneF

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Safari?
I installed and setup a Slingbox so my son can watch football games that are not shown in his area. That works great and as advertised.
Slingbox says it will work with iPad2, but when he attemps it he gets a error message that says " we're sorry, but your current web browser or operating system or both is not currently supported by sling player plug-in" It goes on to say it can be used with Internet Explorer 7 or above, Firefox 5 and safari 5.
What Safari version does the iPad2 use.?? The new ios5 has been downloaded and working fine.
Thanks
Wayne

Wolfpuppies3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use it on my iPad2 all the time

Works fine with my iPhone and my MBP as well. It will not work with Google Chrome so I use Safari to connect. It is a great investment.

JohnnyApple

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
There is also a dedicated Slingbox App, but it's a tad bit expensive.

OP
W

WayneF

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for that info.
I looked at the app to do that, but I see so many negitive remarks about it and don't know if I should spend $30 for something that doesn,t work

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have the iPhone version but note that it is not a universal app.

OP
W

WayneF

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks again... Think I will go with the Slingbox app.

Most reactions

Latest posts