What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Disabling screen caputre

Dr.Gee

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Can you do this? At least toggle? My kids put 599+ pics of their hello kitty game in my photo folder.

Prasius

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How about disabling the kids?

Problem solved. :D

*the grumpy old man speaks..;)*

OP
Dr.Gee

Dr.Gee

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Lol that's simply awesome. 599+ pictures if hello kitty. Lol

True. that I don't have a problem with.

I don't think they know there doing it.how is it done? I've played the he'll out of that game and never done it once.

wrecklass

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lol that's simply awesome. 599+ pictures if hello kitty. Lol

True. that I don't have a problem with.

I don't think they know there doing it.how is it done? I've played the he'll out of that game and never done it once.

Hold down the sleep button and press the home button

Not easy to do by accident. Perhaps they don't know the right way to put the iPad to sleep.

andsoitgoes

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There's a good old fashioned remedy called discipline. No iPad for a week...

I agree teach the kid,or get the kid his own iPad .

I hope those are just jokes.

Kids are kids. They're inquisitive, they like exploring and a device as accessible as the iPad, they're going to explore.

Don't discipline them for experimenting with a system like the iPad. You're the one being obtuse if you think that's going to help.

If they dropped it on the floor, or were generally mistreating it - then I agree, take it away. For now, I'd just laugh quietly and delete the pictures.

Here I was wondering if you were trying to figure out how to turn it off so you didn't get screen shots of um... certain types of adult materials :p

wrecklass

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well actually discipline is certainly a viable reccomendation. If you tell them to stop doing the screenshots that should be sufficient. If that is so difficult then teaching them to drive will turn out tragic.

OP
Dr.Gee

Dr.Gee

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yeah,i'll sit my 3 yo down and discuss the severity of her actions and her blatant disregard of other peoples property during Hello Kitty play.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I hope those are just jokes.

Kids are kids. They're inquisitive, they like exploring and a device as accessible as the iPad, they're going to explore.
Its no joke! Let me guess... you don't have any children, do you? Because "kids are kids" and because they are inquisitive, that is precisely why someone needs to be an adult and set some sort of limits and boundaries.

Yeah,i'll sit my 3 yo down and discuss the severity of her actions and her blatant disregard of other peoples property during Hello Kitty play.
If you have a 3 year old with the dexterity and fine motor skills to hold down those two buttons in the right order at exactly the right tme, then they absolutely have the mental capacity to understand, "Don't do that!". It doesn't have to be a philosophical discussion. It's called parenting. As my father told me many times (only because I deserved it!), "This household is not a democracy!

Last edited:
OP
Dr.Gee

Dr.Gee

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well,they aren't trying to save the pics. They know the sleep and home buttons are ways to stop things.

thanks,but I didn't start this post for parenting tips.they have reset it twice(curious about all of the icons) so I figured out how to hide the settings icon.they like the pad so i want them to have a good time without having to worry about it.if they break it,i have no one to blame but myself. I'll just get a new one.it's already paid for itself in the amount of quiet time it's generated.

this would be like going to car forum to ask about activating child door locks and being suggested that if they are smart enough to pull the handle, they should understand why not do it....you shouldn't have to activate those locks.
You think I'm not going to have GPS device in a teenage car because they are old enough to know better?fat chance. I'm all about CYA.

My two cents..:)

Most reactions

Latest posts