What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Disabling iCloud

MoneyGuy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This applies to both my iPad and iPhone. Since I activated iCloud when I sync my iPad and iPhone my calendar doesn't sync. I thought I'd deactivate iCloud as that is likely the problem. How do I deactivate iCloud to allow a sync of my calendar. How do I do this, or is there some other solution?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You can turn on/off iCloud syncing for your Calendar under Settings > iCloud.

In order for devices to sync they must both be signed into the same iCloud account (check the account name) and Calendar syncing be turned on. Sometimes turning it off, then on again after a wait will fixe syncing.

You can check to make sure that you are using the same account on both devices by looking at the top

mlaurencg4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can turn on/off iCloud syncing for your Calendar under Settings > iCloud. In order for devices to sync they must both be signed into the same iCloud account (check the account name) and Calendar syncing be turned on. Sometimes turning it off, then on again after a wait will fixe syncing. You can check to make sure that you are using the same account on both devices by looking at the top

Tried to use iCloud -Cal-sync on/off several times with iPad 4 (iOS 7.0.4) . Yet no change from recently (last three days) entered calendar entries on iPad as compared to iPhone 5s, MacMini (Mavericks 10.9.1) and iCould web page. Does this suggest my next step is iPad restore?

mlaurencg4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tried to use iCloud -Cal-sync on/off several times with iPad 4 (iOS 7.0.4) . Yet no change from recently (last three days) entered calendar entries on iPad as compared to iPhone 5s, MacMini (Mavericks 10.9.1) and iCould web page. Does this suggest my next step is iPad restore?

Just found that it receives new events from other device, but won't send events.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Delete the account and reinstall it. Maybe this will help.
Make sure that the calendars that you use to send events to the other devices are also enabled there as well, just in case you set up more than one calendar.

Last edited:

mlaurencg4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Delete the account and reinstall it. Maybe this will help. Make sure that the calendars that you use to send events to the other devices are also enabled there as well, just in case you set up more than one calendar.

Tried that as well - restored too! Problem persisted but was corrected finally by changing Sync period in Calendar Settings - who'd a thunk?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, great that you found the solution!
Thank you for telling us. It might help another member with a similar problem.

Most reactions