What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Disabled Ipad2

ivedunnitagain

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good all,
I am sure this topic as been discussed many times, but I have a problem, my daughter was playing with my Ipad, and entered the passcode to many times and is now disabled, and it is saying I should conect to I tunes. Well one of the problem I have is that the last computer it was syncd with is 7000 miles away. I did not know till I got back to work that it was locked. Is there any way of doing a complete reset, or recover it somehow using Itunes. I know the passcode but when ever I do the hold the home button and power button to get to reset it keeps asking me to enter my passcode, but does not give the passcode box. So I am at whits end as to figure this out, so I sure would welcome some help on how to fix this.

Regards Adrian.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, your iPad is locked until you can get to an iTunes and restore it. This means that you will have to put a new version of firmware on it, wiping out everything that was on it before. It will be just like it came out of the box.

The good news is that you can restore from your latest backup once you get back to the iTunes with which you normally sync that iPad. Until then, you'll have a "new" iPad. Sorry.

So, hopefully you've got access to the most recent iTunes...?

Marilyn

OP
I

ivedunnitagain

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Long story, if I had known my little angel had been mssing with it before leaving for work, I would of done somethig about it. lol

OP
I

ivedunnitagain

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Marilyn,
I will download the latest Itunes and then wipe my ipad, I am on 4 month rotatons lol, and the most important stuff I use it for is on an external. :)

Reaction score
Hiya, just wondering if it worked for you by downloading the latest itunes and then wiping the ipad? I've had a similar situation...my stupid housemate locked me out of my ipad and then I had to reset my computer for another reason so my itunes isn't recognising the ipad. It just keeps saying that I need to put the passcode in but obviously I can't. I have no idea what to do!!

Most reactions

Latest posts