What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Disable sleep.

Mooneymite

iPF Noob
Reaction score
New iPad user.

I downloaded Good Reader. I'm trying to use it to download some huge .PDF files, but the iPad constantly sleeps before the download is complete.

How do I keep the iPad from sleeping during downloads?

Thanks!

OP
M

Mooneymite

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I've searched and googled "disable sleep on iPad" in various formats....no help. There are discussions of the sleep mode, but no one seems to be able to keep the iPad from sleeping during downloads.

If you've got a link, please post it.

Purpleorchid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Settings | General | Auto-lock. Change that to never. But make sure you're plugged into AC power or else you'll drain the battery.

I believe you can use iTunes to transfer docs to GoodReader. That way you can use your computer to download those big PDFs, then transfer them to the iPad using iTunes.

OP
M

Mooneymite

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ah!

So the feature I want to disable is "Autolock"?

That explains why I wasn't finding anything about "sleep".

I'll give it a try..... :)

Thanks!

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well it is confusing to a newcomer to the iPad world. Yes, you use the Sleep/Wake button to Lock/Unlock!

Most reactions

Latest posts