What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Disable Screen Cap/ Workaround

jstar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there a way to either disable the screen cap function (Home and the top right button simultaneously) or remove screen caps performed between the times when an app is launched and when it is closed?

I've been thinking about porting over a program, but I'm worried about piracy in the form of screen caps and it's ilk. I know the reasons Apple rejects apps are currently shrouded in secrecy, but if I were to find a way to disable the home button (as it is integral to the screen cap process) and replace it with an in-app proprietary home button so the functionality is not lost, would Apple still reject the app on the grounds of altering functionality?

Alternatively, is there the possibility of programming the app to save screen caps in a specific folder? I worry that once I breach the subject of deleting folders and/or files (taken during the app's use) Apple will reject the app due to the semi-intrusive piracy prevention methods.

Any ideas on workarounds as well?

I'm just curious. Thanks in advance for any advice or suggestions.

Wardy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
about.me
Yes, Using the iPhone config utility, you can disable screen captures. You can get it by googling "iphone configuration utility" I can't post links... But I know this works.
:D
Enjoy!

Most reactions

Latest posts