What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

disable ipod and photos applications on ipad

george_a

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everybody

I bought an ipad for my 4 year old for speech training purposes. He got hooked though to the ipod and "Photos" applications, and he would not touch the speech application anymore, because of playing with the other two. I would like to disable the ipod and the "Photos". Anybody knows how to do it?

Thank you a million

george

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
There is no way that I know of to disable those apps. You could remove all music and pictures form the iPad, which would make playing with those apps rather boring.

The other possibility is to get a kiosk style case for the iPad. There are lots of choices, just Google it. This type of case coves the Home and Power buttons (at a minimum), and is usually lockable. You change the Screen Lock to never (turn off Multitasking Gestures if on iOS 5), open the app you want, then put the iPad in the case. It is now impossible to leave that app.

Most reactions