What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Directv app jailbreak fix?

dahauss

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know xcon has not yet been updated for iOS7, but is there a fix to get the Directv app working on the ipad3 ios7 jsilbreak? Someone mentioned a fix in FLEX2, but the directv app dies not show up there and there are no patches listed. Please help...

Thanks.....

gresh14

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I just did this yesterday works great, google deb file for directv and you will come across a few forums talking about it, you will find a link for the deb file. You do need ifile to install it

OP
D

dahauss

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nothing works for iPad version yet....

gresh14

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It's working on my ipad 2 right now
I sent you the link

gresh14

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ugggg! It was working just fine till I did the cydia update a few mins ago

Works again I had to close the app and reinstall it:)

Last edited:
OP
D

dahauss

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cydia update for xcon? Cydia will tell you there is an update bit do not do it......

OP
D

dahauss

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just saw the xcon update but also the cydia update.. Are you saying if we do the cydia update this stops working? Did you try to reinstall the xcon after?

gresh14

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm not positive the cydia update was the issue - it's the on,y thing I can think of, good thing is if it is just reinstall the deb file and it works fine, just close out of the directv app first. I did the xcon update early today and it made my mail, safari apps crash so I unistalled it and not going to reinstall it until I know for sure it's working correctly

OP
D

dahauss

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The xcon update doesn't work... You are getting the update message because we install an older version from the deb file... I just set cydia to ignore the uodate until an iOS 7 version becomes available

OP
D

dahauss

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We'll I did the cydia update and the jailbreak update and directv on the iPad is still working.... Thanks for the way to make it work again!

Last edited:

Logandros

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Never mind finally found it on Google .. thanks anyway. iPad 2 and DirecTV working great before and after all Cydia updates now.

OP
D

dahauss

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is no longer working. There was an update today for safe mode of the jailbreak, which I thing caused it to stop working, now the directv app starts up, says retrieving settings and crashes... Anyone have a fix?

Most reactions

Latest posts