What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Different behavior of AirPlay between 4.3.3 and 5.1.1

Fergo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey everyone, it's my first post in here.

Until yesterday I had version 4.3.3 installed on my iPad 2. With this version, when I enabled AirPlay to a different renderer, it would display the message "This video is now playing on..." and I'd see the video on my TV. I could use the iPad seekbar and play/pause buttons to control the content being played on the TV.
I updated to 5.1.1 and now it's behaving differently. When I send the video to the TV, it starts playing on the TV but keeps playing it on the iPad too (doesn't show the above message anymore), but in a completely independent manner. I can't control what's being played on my TV. It starts from scratch and the seekbar/play/pause video control buttons of my iPad doesn't affect the video being played on the TV, only what's being shown in the iPad itself. I really dislike that. It's supposed to be this way now? Is there anything I can do to configure it work like before (I don't want the video playing in both devices)?

Thanks in advance,
Fergo

Most reactions

Latest posts