What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Difference between non-anti glare screen protectors?

Mayo7

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So i read that there is a substantial difference in clarity and scratch resistance between anti-glare films made by different manufacturers, but how do the clear/crystal type films compare? Is power support still the best regardless of the type of screen protector or is there a smaller gap in quality compared to anti-glare films? So far i heard that there is only a small difference between power support and incio clear films. Anyone have any input?

LAC_STS

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Umm the main difference is one is completely clear and the anti glare one is, well.... anti glare.

There is no difference in performance.

the rest depends on the brand protector you get. Some NOT anti glare ones make your finger stick and not slide across the screen as easily. Some anti glare ones feel REALLY good and really slick. Just depends.

OP
M

Mayo7

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My wording might have been confusing. Sorry.

Im just asking how the power sopport crystal would coompare to other clear/crystal type films made by other ( lower-end) makers.

I know the difference between clear and anti-glare film, of course.

Fotonutz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To all the Anti-Glare screen protector users,

Does the anti-glare film resist fingerprints as well when the iPad is powered off?

Mine is the glossy film and all the finger prints show up very clearly when the power is off!

Thinking of switching to the anti-glare type which has a matt surface.

Kargurin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To all the Anti-Glare screen protector users,

Does the anti-glare film resist fingerprints as well when the iPad is powered off?

Mine is the glossy film and all the finger prints show up very clearly when the power is off!

Thinking of switching to the anti-glare type which has a matt surface.

Mine is glossy too and shows fingerprints easily. I tried a matte surface protector that did a good job with fingerprints but made small text hard to read. I also didn't think the matte did well with glare. I don't know if there is a perfect shield out there. But if it ain't optically clear, I ain't using it.

josun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine is glossy too and shows fingerprints easily. I tried a matte surface protector that did a good job with fingerprints but made small text hard to read. I also didn't think the matte did well with glare. I don't know if there is a perfect shield out there. But if it ain't optically clear, I ain't using it.

I'm using the power support anti-glare and I think the display is surprisingly sharper than what I expected. The milky effect is what worried me before too but it's really not bad. It's even better than their anti-glare for iphones.

Fotonutz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Josun

I've seen my friend's anti-glare screen protector for his iPhone and it seems to dull the image making it less sharp. That's why I'm worried that the same thing will happen if I get the anti-glare for the iPad. However, this time, the effects will be more pronounced than the iPhone as the screen size is so much bigger. Although I do notice that there is no finger prints on the matt surface....

Emily

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So i read that there is a substantial difference in clarity and scratch resistance between anti-glare films made by different manufacturers, but how do the clear/crystal type films compare? Is power support still the best regardless of the type of screen protector or is there a smaller gap in quality compared to anti-glare films? So far i heard that there is only a small difference between power support and incio clear films. Anyone have any input?

Hey Mayo, for what i know is anti-glare would keep the screen oil-free and provide better vision when u r surrounded by strong light. As for protection, I believe most of them are very similar or even the same.

And, I heard that there is a screen protector looks like a mirror, I want to try that one ! :p

Kargurin

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Hey Mayo, for what i know is anti-glare would keep the screen oil-free and provide better vision when u r surrounded by strong light. As for protection, I believe most of them are very similar or even the same.

And, I heard that there is a screen protector looks like a mirror, I want to try that one ! :p

One was given to me that I used on my itouch. I removed it the next day. Yes it works very much like a mirror when the unit is off. When on, it was too glarey for me.

josun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Josun

I've seen my friend's anti-glare screen protector for his iPhone and it seems to dull the image making it less sharp. That's why I'm worried that the same thing will happen if I get the anti-glare for the iPad. However, this time, the effects will be more pronounced than the iPhone as the screen size is so much bigger. Although I do notice that there is no finger prints on the matt surface....

They do make the screen slightly less sharper than the naked screen but it's really not as bad as the iphone ones. If you're looking for absolute sharpness of the screen, the anti-glare films might not work for you but it's the finger print resistance that sold me and it does a fantastic job.

Kargurin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The NuShield Antiglare is completely clear. On the negative side there is no home button hole (I cut a notch in myself) and it is a fingerprint magnet that you need to clean with an LCD/microfiber cleaner. The advantages easily outweigh the negatives for me. I'd buy it again.

Apple4lif333

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Get this screen protector!

I dont relle like anti glare screen because they make the display look kind weird. I bought the full protection from stealth guards and it only cost like 20 dolars. Zagg invisible shield has kinda of the same thing but it cost 40 dollars.

ADVISE: buy it for 20 and have some piece of mind.

20 dollars for peace of mind
250x250_ipad.jpg

:ipad-keyboard::ipad-keyboard::ipad-keyboard::ipad-keyboard::ipad-keyboard::ipad-keyboard::ipad-keyboard::ipad-keyboard::ipad-keyboard:

elsa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anti-Glare screen protectors will make the screen darker.

Agree.

Non anti-glare makes the screen look sharper. But I'm using the anti-glare one because I don't need to clean the screen so often.

Most reactions

Latest posts