What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Didn't back up my shsh files

Dana.daen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey,

I jailbroke my ipad using spirit, but didn "t back up these apparently crucial files. I read that Cydia has a records my files.

Am I screwed now or what? Or does this just mean when ipad firmware is updated by Apple, I'll have to wait till Spirit jailbreaks that version before up grading my ipad firm ware.

Thank you

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
Just wait a few days until their is a jailbreak for 3.2.1

open cydia and look at the top of the main page. It should say:
This device has SHSHs on file for iphone OS: 3.2

If it says that this means you can always downgrade back to 3.2 if you upgrade by accident to a firmware that cant be jailbroken.

OP
D

Dana.daen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you.

Also I saw the work you did in the thread "over clocking", nice work.

OP
D

Dana.daen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm using downloader hd as my Internet browser, it allows me to set my home page to google, unlike the standard Safari browser which just opens a blank page.

Problem is it won't allow me type in forums like I'm doing right now. Only the Safari let's me do this.

Is there some kind of setting to change?

Thank you

Last edited:

coffee black

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys, I jailbroke my 3.2.2 iPad but forgot to save my SHSH. I did a restore and the progress bar hung at a bit more than half way. What can I do?

dudeking

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys, I jailbroke my 3.2.2 iPad but forgot to save my SHSH. I did a restore and the progress bar hung at a bit more than half way. What can I do?
Dude, we are on the same boat.
I jailbroke my iPad 3.2.2 using Greenpois0n's tool. I did backup my iPad before I jailbroke it, I think.
I am not really familiar with iTunes. Anyways, this how I back up my iPad: When I was backing it up, I clicked Sync. I am not sure if that's how you back up the iPad.
If it is not, then I don't have a back up at all.

Is there a way for me to go back to 3.2.2? Or upgrade to 4.2 IOS?

Also, when I open Cydia, right above the "Welcome to Cydia" I have a note saying "SHSH: iOS 3.2.2, 4.xxx". I don't know that means. (I put x because I can't remember the exact number.)
Thanks

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts