What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Didn't save shsh blobs

soky157

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just jailbroke my IPAD 2 using Jailbreakme. Everything went great. However I realized a little later that I DID NOT save the SHSH BLOBS before the Jailbreak. Have I messed something up for good?

Please help,

Soky157

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Nope, you've not messed up anything. Saving SHSH blobs is a separate process from actually jailbreaking. You can do one without the other, although it is a good idea to make it a habit to save all available SHSH blobs whenever you can, regardless of what you intend to do with them.

So, go ahead and run Tiny Umbrella (if you don't have it, Google for it and then download/run it). You'll only be able to save iOS 4.3.3 blobs (and some iOS 5 betas) 'cause those are the only ones Apple is signing, but it's a good start.

BTW, there's a sticky in the Hacking forum that you can read - teaches you every thing you ever wanted to know about SHSH blobs...

Hope this helped.

Marilyn

OP
S

soky157

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the help

Thanks very much for your help. I will definitely use Tiny Umbrella now.

soky157

Most reactions

Latest posts