What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Did you buy your iPad or was it a gift?

Did you buy your iPad or was it a gift?

• I bought my iPad

Votes: 361 66.7%
  • It was a gift

Votes: 180 33.3%

• Total voters

Nelson7709

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
Why? Because I like having all my music available whenever I like, without loading and offloading. Because I can. Because I can leave home for weeks or months and have all my music with me. If I could take all my books and movies, I'd do that, too. I'm not interested in using an SD card reader.

My answer for that my friend is the iCloud. Put everything in the iCloud and you can use it anytime you want.:):)

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
Why? Because I like having all my music available whenever I like, without loading and offloading. Because I can. Because I can leave home for weeks or months and have all my music with me. If I could take all my books and movies, I'd do that, too. I'm not interested in using an SD card reader.

My answer for that my friend is the iCloud. Put everything in the iCloud and you can use it anytime you want.:):)

I don't like using the cloud. I have a Dropbox account for only things I don't care much about.

You're assuming that others should do things like you. That's not how the world works.

Kotja

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Both. My son gave me enough money to buy a 32GB model as a Mother's Day gift, and I kicked in the extra dough to buy the one I REALLY wanted.

pcastric

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did personally buy my iPad in December 2010 for my small consulting firm which in turn enables me to leave my heavy 17" Dell laptop at the office and better still as my accountant said if I purchased it before the end of the year I could write it off as a business expense which is what I did.

5teve

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Blackburn in NW of . . . . . . . . . . . . Engl
Hi, can you store info on an SD card on iPad 1? How would you do it?

Sorry, Dude, I missed your question earlier.
Nobody else has answered so I'll give it my best shot.
There is no direct way to insert an SD card into an iPad (1 or 2) BUT you can try one of 2 options. You can buy a gizmo, costing £25 from the Apple Store which doubles as an SD card reader and also has a slot to plug in your camera USB lead. This takes info from the SD card and puts it on your iPad. This works with iPad 1 and 2. It works with photo images and movie clips but as for other stuff like maybe Audio books or e-books, I just don't know.
The second option is to take a punt on a guy selling a very similar thing for under £5, including UK postage. on ebay (uk). I took the risk and got one and it works perfectly. Other folk told me that theirs was totally empty inside but that the seller sent a replacement straight away with no fuss.
Whether you want to risk that is down to you.
In fact, I'll try to upload various file types later tonight on an iPad 2 and let you know which work and which don't.
I should point out that I have absolutely no connection with the guy selling the cheapo doofahs.

Cheers,
Steve

bledmunds61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My Ipad2 was a birthday gift from me to me. What a wonderful 50th birthday present.

boyzie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought the iPad1 wi fi from ebay second hand,then exchanged it for my daughters iPad2 3g plus money.
PS believe it or not she still cant see any difference as she never used the cam or 3g.....But she got a good deal.

boyzie

iPF Noob
Reaction score

There is no direct way to insert an SD card into an iPad (1 or 2) BUT you can try one of 2 options. You can buy a gizmo, costing £25 from the Apple Store which doubles as an SD card reader and also has a slot to plug in your camera USB lead. This takes info from the SD card and puts it on your iPad. This works with iPad 1 and 2. It works with photo images and movie clips but as for other stuff like maybe Audio books or e-books, I just don't know.
The second option is to take a punt on a guy selling a very similar thing for under £5, including UK postage. on ebay (uk). I took the risk and got one and it works perfectly. Other folk told me that theirs was totally empty inside but that the seller sent a replacement straight away with no fuss.
In fact, I'll try to upload various file types later tonight on an iPad 2 and let you know which work and which don't.
I should point out that I have absolutely no connection with the guy selling the cheapo doofahs.

Cheers,
Steve
Can you elaborate just enough so that I know what your £5 doofah is :).....Thanks.....
Edit ok got it cheers....

Last edited:

jadon777

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought it as a gift to me, I work hard I deserve the best. Don't we all?

MetalGirl91

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It was a gift from my dad for getting really good grades in college :) (that's British college, ie not University!)

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Cheers,
Steve
Can you elaborate just enough so that I know what your £5 doofah is :).....Thanks.....
Edit ok got it cheers....

This is not the topic of this thread. Please don't hi-jack. Post your own thread.

Most reactions

Latest posts