What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Did you buy your iPad or was it a gift?

Did you buy your iPad or was it a gift?

• I bought my iPad

Votes: 361 66.7%
  • It was a gift

Votes: 180 33.3%

• Total voters

Blackraid

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I received mine as a gift fir my birthday.....64GB......blk.....with the magnetic blk leather skin which puts my device to sleep. I am happy I got this but I need FLASH! There are a lot of sites I cannot access without FLASH.

mikesong0323

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got mine as a 2-month-early graduation gift from my parents.
White 32GB wifi only with a leather navy Smart Cover :)

Sent from my iPad using iPF

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
you can live with out it or use alternative apps

I received mine as a gift fir my birthday.....64GB......blk.....with the magnetic blk leather skin which puts my device to sleep. I am happy I got this but I need FLASH! There are a lot of sites I cannot access without FLASH.

Funny I have been using an ipad for 10 months and iphone 3 gs iphone much longer I have had no need for flash on any of the hundreds of sites I visit further more I have flash blocked on my Macbook as I donot want any slow down accessing sites. I have also more than 100 customers whom have no issue with not having flash on the ipad....all of my clients are business customers. Only 4 said if they really need to access a site that requires flash they use their desktop or laptop. Please understand Flash will not happen on the ipad so either use Puffin App or alternative apps or move on sell your ipad that was a gift and buy a buggy Android tablet. Its your choice simple as that

Now back to the topic ok

I purchased my first ipad and will purchase the new ipad2

Last edited:

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My husband gave in and bought me mine for my birthday. I am a very lucky girl! Unfortunately for him, i'm on it more than he thought I would be. He still loves me, I think!

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My husband gave in and bought me mine for my birthday. I am a very lucky girl! Unfortunately for him, i'm on it more than he thought I would be. He still loves me, I think!

lol i have same issue my lovely partner found scrabble for ipad plus a couple of other games now I find when i look for the ipad she has it...... so I resolved the problem....

I loaded scrabble on to my iphone and I play against her with the ipad once finished I get the ipad as she usually is asleep
So you are not alone

OP
I

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well my wife has a wee bit of technophobia so I don't have to worry about her "stealing" my iPad (that she gave to me!). I recently put an HD radio in one of our cars and she said it sounds lovely, but I would prefer a radio where I didn't need to read the instruction manual to learn how to change the station!

Bluray

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I bought mine and the wifey's with all money I saved from not buying alcohol and cigarettes :D

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

irwaffles

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Technically both.

1st gen iPad was a gift, sold it and used the money for an iPad 2. Since I downgraded from 32gb to 16gb there wasn't a noticeable loss of money in my eyes. I didn't even use up 16gb on my 1st gen so I'll be just fine.

Dmchewie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
gift, parents bought it, for our communal use. downloading books in it for mom, games for me hehehe

Phil_Legault

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Trying to convince my wife to buy an iPad last July I finally just went out and bought one. I wasn't thru the door and she took it over. I got the iPad2 for myself and will not let my wife near it! :)

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If you are lucky! We women have our ways you know! I'm just grateful my hubby isn't very technically minded, for goodness sake he couldn't start watching one his The Good Life tv programs without me having to do it for him. I love him, he just doesn't care, just give him a spade and he's out in the veg garden.

BigDukeSix

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had my wife purchase the 1 for me at our VZ store when they were on sale since I was out of town for a few weeks. However, she got to open it and play with it first, really enjoyed it, so now it is her's. I am still waiting for mine, I will will either hold out for the 3, or hope the 2 goes on sale when the 3 does come out.

dannybarley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got my iPad for Christmas :)... only to receive a beautiful email on my beautiful new iPad from Apple with an advert for iPad 2 -_- wasn't too please to be honest

Attachments

• image-672837717.png
    image-672837717.png
    109.9 KB · Views: 157
  • image-4056650606.png
    image-4056650606.png
    127.5 KB · Views: 4,579

Most reactions

Latest posts