What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Did you buy your iPad or was it a gift?

Did you buy your iPad or was it a gift?

• I bought my iPad

Votes: 361 66.7%
  • It was a gift

Votes: 180 33.3%

• Total voters

Loraco

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought mine and it has been one of the best purchases I have ever made!

DQ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
1991-C4 said:
I see so many posts, especially in the introductions, where people say that they received their iPad as a gift from a "significant other".

Me? Mine was a birthday present from my wife. I have been a long time iPod user and had two iPod Touches. So you see, the fact that I eventually became a moderator here is really her fault!

"My wife, I think I'll keep her!"

I bought both mine from savings for myself.

Katrina2475

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was given permission to purchase it by my husband. I guess you could say I bought it but my husband wanted me to have it because he knew I wanted one but never came out and asked for it. He said I deserved it for being a good wife and mom. He scored HUGE brownie points.

Sent from my 32 GB wifi Ipad 2

akintomide

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought mine and i still love it.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Attachments

• image-2597093774.png
    image-2597093774.png
    658.4 KB · Views: 166

bretta

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A bit of both..I won a $500 Best Buy gift card and then threw in the extra 100 to get the 32 gb instead of 16gb. I needed an external hard drive and anti- virus software but opted to wait and use $ towards iPad2. Not once have I regretted the decision. If I had bought a bunch of small items with my gc then i would have regretted not getting the iPad.

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
bought iphone 3 + 4, ipad 1 + 2 and ipod, gave my mum the iphone 3, ipad 1 and ipod when i bought the iphone 4 and ipad 2... well, technically, I got the iphone 3 and 4 on a mobile contract....

kustard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Technically mine was a gift, my great aunt gave me a significant amount of money for my 21st Birthday which is coming up - I used some to buy my iPad 2 (and a case!) and put some back into savings and some was used to pay off debts that I managed to incur before I had a full time job! I don't regret it one bit - BEST.PURCHASE.EVER!!

MadChef

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I bought it for myself for Christmas. I started thinking about buying one on Black Friday when they had them on sale. I waited till about ten days before Christmas before putting in an order for a refurb when the price dropped eighty dollars.

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bought it, and pleased too, nothing wrong with my ipad1 though....This is just a nicer place to be!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions