What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Did you buy your iPad or was it a gift?

Did you buy your iPad or was it a gift?

• I bought my iPad

Votes: 361 66.7%
  • It was a gift

Votes: 180 33.3%

• Total voters

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
peterb16 said:
2 other than selecting a word, I have not found a way of moving the curser to the front of the last letter/word.

You can do this by holding your finger on the screen until a magnifying glass appears, you then slide your finger to the exact spot you want. Enjoy!

jrdbrown524

iPF Noob
Reaction score
peterb16 said:
I had been a windows user for many year. My Nephew suggested many times to buy an Apple
computer, but I didn't. Eventually I was looking at an IPad advert and decided to look at the IPad
further. After making a decision, my Wife said would you like one for your Birthday, I just couldn't
refuse.
I've now had the Ipad3 for 10 months and just love it, I can do just as much on the IPad. However there are a few things which annoy me but will just have to accept these being.

1 on some emails I cannot use the back arrow to get to the previous page.

2 other than selecting a word, I have not found a way of moving the curser to the front of the last letter/word.

Placing the cursor in front is a magician's hat trick, but it can be done with practice. When hold your finger done on the word for about 3 seconds you will get a magnifying glass that allows you to see the word the cursor will be blue and you simply move the cursor to the front, release the editor glass and wham the cursor is in front of the letter or wherever else you want to place it.

ipaderen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i bought mine on my own website :) I use it everyday for work while waiting for train and sitting in train, so its pretty shocking that i didnt buy it before now.

PS: Website: EDITED - But dont bother, it cost the same as on Apples homepage :)

Moderation notice: This post has been edited by the iPadForums staff in accordance with theForum Rules No External Links

Last edited by a moderator:

johnh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine was a gift, nearly 2 years ago, from my lovely wife

kelB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mines rented and fully covered for accidental damage or fault.. No quibble swap or fix service. And in 2 years I get a brand new device wether it be apple ipad or laptop etc etc...

(Big Business Game App - Player Name: Beaneys / City Name: kêl)

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Gift except for the tax! Very generous friend who knew I was stuck flat on my back and could no longer sit to use other types of computer devices.

I am blessed! Squib

Sent from my iPad 2 IOS 6.1.3 using iPF

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Gift except for the tax! Very generous friend who knew I was stuck flat on my back and could no longer sit to use other types of computer devices.

I am blessed! Squib

Sent from my iPad 2 IOS 6.1.3 using iPF

That was very nice of your friend to think of you! Hope you are upright and no longer flat on your back! :)

My iPad was a "gift" to myself! :)

iforsakenu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just received mine today as a gift from my mom. She got it just because she loves me and got a promotion. She didn't have to do this but I am very grateful for the gesture. I am working on my bachelors and working full-time as an IT professional and she said I deserved it. Thanks mom for the custom engraved 4th generation 128GB iPad!!! Lovely surprise from UPS on my day off:)

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I just received mine today as a gift from my mom. She got it just because she loves me and got a promotion. She didn't have to do this but I am very grateful for the gesture. I am working on my bachelors and working full-time as an IT professional and she said I deserved it. Thanks mom for the custom engraved 4th generation 128GB iPad!!! Lovely surprise from UPS on my day off:)

That's just wonderful for your mom to do that for you!! How nice to have ups stop at your door today and drop off such a wonderful gift!!

Congrats on your new iPad and best wishes with your education! :)

iforsakenu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's just wonderful for your mom to do that for you!! How nice to have ups stop at your door today and drop off such a wonderful gift!!

Congrats on your new iPad and best wishes with your education! :)

Thank you so much for the kind words, I appreciate it. I agree it was a wonderful gift:)

Most reactions

Latest posts