What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Denny's PANCAKES...

Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
They are dif from mine ~ my homemade pancakes, which I never make, are so good ~ I like them paper thin, crepes, really ~ with globs of butter and Black raspberry jelly.

To die for. Gas up your jet ~ I will make you some.:)

You are too kind. Do you mind me dropping by this weekend? :D

They better be as delicious as advertised, though :p I wonder how you know, if you never make them.

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
They are dif from mine ~ my homemade pancakes, which I never make, are so good ~ I like them paper thin, crepes, really ~ with globs of butter and Black raspberry jelly.

They better be as delicious as advertised, though :p I wonder how you know, if you never make them.

I do make them ~ silly, man. But not often.:D

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have no problem with you eating duck embryos but it does look very unaesthetic.

There are many things I won't get to see in this world, so failing to taste all the varieties of food is something I can easily live with.
Especially when it looks so vile :)

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:

OK - DontUnderstandMyIpad - the good news is I do have a plane, it's fuelled and ready to go....:)

The bad news is that it's a Cessna C172 single engined prop plane with a top speed of a decent sportscar :(

So we could make it by the following weekend.....and then we'd definitely need some of Marie's pancakes....

Tim

Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
OK - DontUnderstandMyIpad - the good news is I do have a plane, it's fuelled and ready to go....:)

The bad news is that it's a Cessna C172 single engined prop plane with a top speed of a decent sportscar :(

So we could make it by the following weekend.....and then we'd definitely need some of Marie's pancakes....

Tim

Now that is a plan. Hopefully the Cessna's fuel tanks are large enough.. I don't feel like making an emergency landing in the atlantic ocean.

By getting there by the following weekend, Marie will have decent time to prepare pancakes. So I don't see the flight time as a problem.

But going back, we can use other means of transportation, right? You don't want to bring the Cessna back, what a hassle, we should leave it in Marie's front yard. :D

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I learn something new every day!

You also fly Tim?

Here is a picture of my better side taken over 31 years ago on the day that I flew an airplane (a Piper "Trauma"hawk) all by myself for the first time!

FirstSolo1.jpg

The other side --

FirstSolo2.jpg

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:

Tim

Oh Shitums.

Tim SPRACKLEN said:

Tim

Now that is a plan. Hopefully the Cessna's fuel tanks are large enough.. I don't feel like making an emergency landing in the atlantic ocean.

By getting there by the following weekend, Marie will have decent time to prepare pancakes. So I don't see the flight time as a problem.

But going back, we can use other means of transportation, right? You don't want to bring the Cessna back, what a hassle, we should leave it in Marie's front yard. :D

You two are too funny! Tim! Don't let him turn you into a meanie.;)

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I learn something new every day!

You also fly Tim?

Here is a picture of my better side taken over 31 years ago on the day that I flew an airplane (a Piper "Trauma"hawk) all by myself for the first time!

FirstSolo1.jpg

The other side --

FirstSolo2.jpg

I have 1000 hours P1 SEP (single engine plane), IR (Instrument Rating) and Night Ratings in the UK - and an FAA VFR (Visual Flight Rules) for the US. I'm a member of the Palo Alto Flying Club in Silicon Valley where one of my sons works because the weather is always nice in California and flying on instruments in Scottish Airspace with only a single engine is - well - interesting!!

Tim

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Very nice! Of course all civil aviation came to a skreeching halt after 9/11 and life kind of got ahold of me and I haven't flown much at all since then.

This is a ZodiacXL kit plane and was going to be my retirement project --

ZodiacXL.jpg

But of course the economy hit and now I may have to work longer than I originally planned. Bloody hell, I am already working longer than I originally planned!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would love to build a kit plane too - but I'm not that confident of my skills in that direction!! One thing I love about the Cessna is that, while it feels like it belongs to a past era in some ways, when you're at FL100 over the Scottish mountains it's all about reliability - nothing else matters.

The guy that taught me to fly was an ex-WWII Spitfire pilot and I always remember, when he was teaching me to fly at night and we discussed the question of an engine failure at night, after we'd been through all the usual precautionary actions he said - "There's one last thing you have to do before you attempt a landing at night with an engine failure - pray!"

Tim

Brockly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
j0yful said:
If I have to mention all, then you might have to start another thread :D well, For starter, I would like to introduce you to a "balot/balut" It is a local delicacy here. It is a 9 day old duck embryo. You crack it, drink the little "soup" and eat the whole thing, egg and a baby duck.:p

I Hate fruits on my food! Pineapple in a Sweet and Sour dish . Or pineapple on a pizza. No-No.

No pineapple !!?!?!?! Pineapple is good in hamburgers , pizza , chicken, on the grill, on cakes, in drinks , cover in chocolate, ooo yeah pineapples good in or on anything !!!!! Yeah

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
j0yful said:
If I have to mention all, then you might have to start another thread :D well, For starter, I would like to introduce you to a "balot/balut" It is a local delicacy here. It is a 9 day old duck embryo. You crack it, drink the little "soup" and eat the whole thing, egg and a baby duck.:p

I Hate fruits on my food! Pineapple in a Sweet and Sour dish . Or pineapple on a pizza. No-No.

No pineapple !!?!?!?! Pineapple is good in hamburgers , pizza , chicken, on the grill, on cakes, in drinks , cover in chocolate, ooo yeah pineapples good in or on anything !!!!! Yeah

I agree, Brock!

Most reactions

Latest posts