What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Demonstration Mode

iPadBiz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am doing a training presentation to some co-workers in a couple of weeks and want to export the display of my iPad to an external video source like a projector.

Basically I want to do exactly what Apple does during their product launch keynotes.

Does anyone know of this is possible either by hardware or software? I am running iOS 4.2 non-jailbroken.

Thanks in advance.

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The only way I know of now, is by jailbreaking. You can see some pages of programs that have external display enabled, on your display out. However you can't see just whats on the screen all the time without jailbreaking. Maybe Apple uses jailbreaks? Or, maybe the jailbreakers just figured out how apple does it.:)

OP
iPadBiz

iPadBiz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's what I was afraid of. I talked with one of my friends who works at the apple store. He was telling me that they use a special output cable. He told me in confidence that if you had someone who was uber knowledgeable on the 30 pin device they could build a cable..

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
JailBreaking and installing "Display Out" from Cydia seems a whole lot easier than guessing at how to make your own cable to me!
Remember, you can undo the jailbreak with a simple restore once you are finished if you don't want to live with it long term.
This is one of my primary reasons for having the JB. :)

SBHOKC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would also recommend the Cydia app as you can revert your iPad once finished or leave it jail broken...

FileSpnr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i also want to export the screen to a projector. i would to do this while playing with the DJAY app..

is it doable?:confused:sorry I'm a dummy about the jbreaking...

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
i also want to export the screen to a projector. i would to do this while playing with the DJAY app..

is it doable?:confused:sorry I'm a dummy about the jbreaking...

Yes, the "Display Out' jailbreak tweak enables the VGA adapter output of the screen on your iPad at all times, no matter what application you are running.

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
Yes, the "Display Out' jailbreak tweak enables the VGA adapter output of the screen on your iPad at all times, no matter what application you are running.

Actually some apps that use a lot of the CPU, aren't supported by display out. The screen will just go black. So not quite every app.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Actually some apps that use a lot of the CPU, aren't supported by display out. The screen will just go black. So not quite every app.

My bad. Every app I have required to use it for has worked. Didn't realise there were restrictions...

Most reactions

Latest posts