What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Deleting pictures

wullie1967

iPF Noob
Reaction score
help got new ipad3 and restored my old ipad2 stuff from iTunes but the computer ended up sending all my photos from my computer to new iPad and now I can't delete any of the pictures help

ultimate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
help got new ipad3 and restored my old ipad2 stuff from iTunes but the computer ended up sending all my photos from my computer to new iPad and now I can't delete any of the pictures help

Same here got 1600 pics downloaded onto my new Ipad and now want to get rid of a lot but when thumbnail is ticked (selected) and press delete nothing happens so what gives, have done a search for the answer but non found :thumbsdown:

AlexisW

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You have to create a new folder and put the photos that you want to delete in the folder, then delete the folder.

Rends

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You Need to use iTunes to delete your synced photos.
Uncheck the Sync iPhoto library and Chose a single folder with the photos you want.
Then Hit the Sync Button. iTunes will delete the photos on your iPad and replace them with the ones from the Folder you selected.

On your iPad you can only delete Directly photos you made with the iPad or you have Imported with the Camera Connection Kit.

AlexisW

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Oops!

I'm wrong.

I thought that I deleted some pictures using my method, but they are still there!

Sorry......

Sprintina

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On your iPad you can only delete Directly photos you made with the iPad or you have Imported with the Camera Connection Kit.

After seeing a bunch of comments brought up about transferring/deleting photos the past week or so, I actually transferred iphone 4s photos to the ipad using the Photo Transfer app and by default, it stuck them into the ipad's camera roll, where I could actually delete individual pics when viewing through the stock photo app. I haven't tried any syncing the ipad with itunes after having done this, but then again, I pretty much turned auto-sync off except apps so I can try to manually control it.

Most reactions

Latest posts