What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photos deleted.

Kare4k9

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi.I can't seem to delete individual photos. I must have accidentally imported the same photos TWICE. When I tried to delete one of the albums and clicked on the trash can,a balloon popped up that said the pictures appeared in two places..."do you want to delete from everywhere?",but there is no option to delete just the one. What am I doing wrong? Also,because of this,I accidentally deleted some photos that I wanted. Is there any way to get them back? Thank you for your help.
Kare

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi.I can't seem to delete individual photos. I must have accidentally imported the same photos TWICE. When I tried to delete one of the albums and clicked on the trash can,a balloon popped up that said the pictures appeared in two places..."do you want to delete from everywhere?",but there is no option to delete just the one. What am I doing wrong? Also,because of this,I accidentally deleted some photos that I wanted. Is there any way to get them back? Thank you for your help.
Kare

You may very well have created an album within the Photos app. When you create an album, what you are doing is making a link to the original photo (that's in the "real"/main Photo app). So, if you delete a picture in the album, you are erasing the link, but not the picture.

However, if you delete the picture in the main album, you are "breaking" the link (which is why you get the question "do you want to delete from everywhere."

Hope that clarifies things. Oh, and unfortunately, no, there is no way to get the pictures back that you've deleted from the main album. Sorry.

Marilyn

Most reactions