What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Deleting photos on iPad

Deb960

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi I have just synched and downloaded thousands of photos from my pc, but would like to delete some of them but there is no option in the edit field to do this, do I have to delete from my pc and then re-synch or is there a way I can do this on the iPad?

Thanks

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, the only way to delete photos off the iPad that you have put ON the iPad with iTunes is to use iTunes. So, yeah, you'll have to sort it all out on iTunes, then re-sync. Sorry.

Marilyn

OP
D

Deb960

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mmmmmm maybe I should of asked the question before :)

Thanks for the answer.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Mmmmmm maybe I should of asked the question before :)

Well, syncing can elicit surprises not expected - :eek:

Below is a brief quote that I left in another thread concerning the native iPad Photo App - not sure 'how many' photos you really want on your iPad but one way to handle this issue is to just sync a portion of your images by making folder(s) (or sub-folders) w/ appropriate names (such as 'iPad Photos') - place the images you want w/i these folders and then do a manual sync by checking only those folders that you want on your iPad - also keep in mind that if you 'uncheck' these on your computer, the images will be deleted on the iPad, i.e. remove the ones you no longer want on the iPad from your computer's folders and then sync again - good luck and hope this helps! :)

Well, some clarification is needed: 1) Images in the 'Camera Roll' can be easily deleted; press the box w/ the outgoing arrow (right upper corner); select the image(s) to be removed; press the 'Delete' option in the left upper corner; 2) Images (really just links) placed w/i 'Albums' made in the Photo App can also be deleted - keep in mind that these are only links and if images are deleted in the 'Camera Roll' any links will also be removed; and 3) Albums/Folders synced from a computer via iTunes cannot be deleted from the iPad - these can be removed by unchecking their sync option from the computer.

OP
D

Deb960

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks again. Also I am now on my pc and deleting stuff that is blurred or I don't want etc. do I have to delete what i have already on my iPad before I synch with what I have now deleted on my pc or will this just override when I sync?

Also I have looked on iTunes and cannot find where the photos are stored so I am presuming they are just being imported where I store my photos on my pc and not iTunes account, is that right?

seneca18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Correct. They will just be on your c drive in "my pictures" unless you moved them.

Most reactions

Latest posts