What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Deleting old tabs

420benz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
how can I delete all tabs at the same time

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 176

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm afraid you can't afaik. You have to manually delete them all one by one. Maybe a hard reset will work.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
While you still have to delete them one at a time, if you pinch in on the page so you get to the thumbnail view it's a little bit quicker to close them one at a time; either by tapping on the x or swiping them to the left.

At least it feels that way to me.

Though, it's not something I have to do a lot. I tend to delete tabs as I go along, whenever they're no longer needed.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Interesting. I was experimenting to see if there was a way to delete all tabs, in case I'd missed something.

Instead I discovered that you can tap-hold-drag tabs into a different order. I bet that's been there for a long time and I've just never had a reason to try.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It was possible to close all at once in iOS 7x by using Private Browsing. That doesn't work any more in iOS 8. The shortest method to get rid of them is to go to Settings - Safari and clear history and website data.

Most reactions

Latest posts