What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Deleting Apps From Screens

Unkei

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I recently updated the ios on my iPad Mini to 9.1. With the previous ios, when I wanted to delete an app or bookmark from one of the screens, I just held a finger on one of the icons till they all started blinking. I then held my finger down on the one I wished to delete, and it would ask if I really wanted to delete that app. I would choose delete..job done! Now, with 9.1, I hold down on an app icon, all icons start blinking..then nothing happens when I hold down on an icon. Am I missing something..how do I delete an app icon from the scren now with ios 9.1?
Thanks,
Unkei

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If the wiggling app icons have an X in the upper left corner, they can be deleted just like before your update. If there is no X on the icon it can't be deleted because the app is one of the stock apps or you accidentally turned off deleting apps in settings. To check, go to Settings>General>Restrictions>Deleting Apps and make sure the switch is turned on(showing green).

OP
Unkei

Unkei

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If the wiggling app icons have an X in the upper left corner, they can be deleted just like before your update. If there is no X on the icon it can't be deleted because the app is one of the stock apps or you accidentally turned off deleting apps in settings. To check, go to Settings>General>Restrictions>Deleting Apps and make sure the switch is turned on(showing green).

Thanks scifan57,
That did the trick. Not sure how that button got turned off, but since I am the only one using the Mini....I have to be the guilty party. I thought maybe the new ios just worked differently! LOL!
Thanks again,
Unkei

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks scifan57,
That did the trick. Not sure how that button got turned off, but since I am the only one using the Mini....I have to be the guilty party. I thought maybe the new ios just worked differently! LOL!
Thanks again,
Unkei
You're welcome.

I'm glad I could be of help. Don't hesitate to come back if you have any more questions or problems.

Most reactions

Latest posts