What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Delete problem on IPad 3.

brockya

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi
I have downloaded pictures from an sd card using the camera connection kit, then made an album and put the download pics into it. But as well as the album I still have the downloaded pics and if I try to delete these it also deletes the pictures I have put in the album !! How can I delete just the pictures that are in the latest download folder. ??
Hope someone can help me
Thanks
Richard.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi
I have downloaded pictures from an sd card using the camera connection kit, then made an album and put the download pics into it. But as well as the album I still have the downloaded pics and if I try to delete these it also deletes the pictures I have put in the album !! How can I delete just the pictures that are in the latest download folder. ??
Hope someone can help me
Thanks
Richard.

The Photo app is made to run a bit strangely. The main photo album (where the pictures go from the camera connection kit) is where all the photos really are. When you make a sub-album within the Photo app, what you are doing is actually creating a link from the main album; the picture itself does not move from the main album.

So, when (if) you delete photos from the main album, you are also deleting the link to the sub-album. Thus, your pictures are gone everywhere. And, there is no way around it - it's the way Apple designed it (and I won't talk about how stooopid I think that idea is :)).

So, unfortunately, if you want to actually MOVE your pictures to an album, you will have to get a third party photo management app.

Sorry to not be a bearer of better news.

Marilyn

OP
B

brockya

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Delete problem on IPad 3

Hi Marilyn
Very many thanks for your help, as you say very strange way of doing things
Thanks again
Richard.
The Photo app is made to run a bit strangely. The main photo album (where the pictures go from the camera connection kit) is where all the photos really are. When you make a sub-album within the Photo app, what you are doing is actually creating a link from the main album; the picture itself does not move from the main album.

So, when (if) you delete photos from the main album, you are also deleting the link to the sub-album. Thus, your pictures are gone everywhere. And, there is no way around it - it's the way Apple designed it (and I won't talk about how stooopid I think that idea is :)).

So, unfortunately, if you want to actually MOVE your pictures to an album, you will have to get a third party photo management app.

Sorry to not be a bearer of better news.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts