What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Delete e-mail

Kenworth

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi all,
I want to pass along my old IPAD 2 to a relative and want to delete the e-mail accounts like they were never there but maintain the favourites and all the apps. Afraid to use “delete account”. Might screw up the new IPAD!!

I bought that “new” IPAD and started it up using all the IPAD 2’s data (set up as new or whatever that was).
I want to be sure I don’t delete anything on the new IPAD when I kill the e-mails (somehow) on the old one. I know things sometimes interact!!
Thanks......Ken

OP
Kenworth

Kenworth

iPF Novice
Reaction score
When you delete a mail account on an iPad it doesn’t mean your account is closed. It is fine to delete an email account on your old iPad.

Thanks Jupiter7.....
One more thing.....if I restore the old IPAD 2 to the factory defaults, will the new IPAD still be OK??
Ken

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Yes, it will be perfectly okay I did similar with my old iPad 2, which I kept. I also have an Air 2.

Last edited:

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thanks Jupiter7.....
One more thing.....if I restore the old IPAD 2 to the factory defaults, will the new IPAD still be OK??
Ken

Hi Kenworth - you have already been greatly helped by Jupiter7 - if not already done, take a look at this Apple Support Article (This One, too). You need to sign out of your iCloud & iTunes accounts (and turn off 'Find my iDevice) before erasing your iPad 2 or will just cause headaches for the new owner.

Also remember that iOS 9.x is the most recent version that can be installed on the iPad 2 which will impact on the use of 32-bit vs. 64-bit apps, and what may be available for DL/installation on the older device - more information HERE - I started w/ that iPad 2 in 2011, so now approaching 7 years of age, i.e. an 'old dog' - now on a 3+ y/o iPad Air 2 and about to update to a newer device - good luck. Dave :)

Most reactions

Latest posts